View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ayahuasca and setting

just say know

Bluelighter
so there's a good bit of discussion on aya and what setting you should use. some people prefer the comfort of their own homes and others prefer to go out to peru with an ayahuasca retreat. what do you guys think is the best, next to best, or ideal setting for ayahuasca?

I would say at home for a first time go. I mean sure it would be cool to do it in Peru with a Shaman but I would want to make sure I fully understood it before going to a foreign place. In todays age I just dont see the point of running into some foreign country to take something you could do at home the first time. There is no benefit from going to Peru, other then doing it in a traditional setting and I feel that is something you work up to so you can actually enjoy it. Sure your vision quest may be puking in the fetal position wishing you never came and even if thats not a bad outcome i would want that very vulnerable state to be experienced at home first. That is just my opinion.

I can't think of any reason to pay money to a stranger to sit with you while you take oral DMT. Take it at home. Ayahuasca is about the oral DMT - not the human beings. At best all he knows is his own religious interpretation of oral DMT, that's not what it's about. The whole point is that it's something between you and the DMT - nothing and no-one else need interfere.

I've done ayahuasca in the seclusion of my bedroom, and to be honest it wasn't that great.

Just to chip in - you don't need to go to Peru to do it with a shaman anymore. There are plenty of retreats operating in most western countries now.