View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ayahuasca and methadone?

Galexi universe

Greenlighter
I have done multiple searches on the following , online and on BL. The only info I found on BL is from 2012, and very limited; info online is also very limited and unclear. Here's my problem:

i'm on a lose dose of methadone (15mg) for many years (10?). I have tried to gradually taper off countless times. I'm to the point where I am concerned it might never happen ( i add this info here in case anyone wants to suggest I just get off the methadone....believe me, I have tried incredibly hard).

I plan to take ayahuasca this summer. This is so important to me- I would not even consider the risks and various obstacles otherwise. I need to be safe. But also do not want to take aya in withdrawal, or be in withdrawal in between ceremonies. Can ANYONE offer up info here , based on science or experience, regarding how to handle my situation? Regarding how concerned I should be about having any methadone in my system?

Greatly appreciated....as not at all sure what to make of the serious lack of info on line ( science or experience-based).

You might consider doing some research around ibogaine to see if those resources could point you to information about detoxing with ayahuasca. I don't have any personal experience with it or much in the way of scientific knowledge regarding any dangers surrounding the combination of methadone and psychedelics, but I'm sure someone else around here will. :)