Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ayahuasca and MDMA

snoter

Greenlighter
Hi beautiful people :)

I have been searching but unable to find anything relevant to my specific situation. So here goes;

I am a big supporter of natures amazing medicines, and have great respect for them. Usually I would abstain from any type of stimulants or pharmaceutical way way ahead of an upcoming ceremony. I know that there are disagreements on the real dangers og diets and such, but to me, you reap what you sow. And I would rather be on the safe side ;)

Thing is. This weekend I ended up smashing myself on alcohol and mdma (friday and saturday), and on sunday I recieved an invitation to ceremonies that start thursday next week :S I really want to attend, and immediatly started diet, meditation and so on.. But still unsure. Question is, do any of you with experience know if 10-11 day in between will be a problem? Really wish I had at least a week more, or could undo last weekend. But that is not so easy I`m afraid.

Appreciate any input :)

I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem in terms of serotonin syndrome as the MDMA should be pretty well out of your system by then and the presence of the MAOI will not problematic. However the depletion of serotonin due to your MDMA experience may result in a less than optimal state of mind for the Aya experience. Then again you may simply learn something special that you wouldn't have had you not done what you did.

You should be fine, you just want to leave at least three days between MDMA usage and MAOI administration to be on the safe side, also abstain from stimulants etc for minimum 12 hours after the experience to allow time for the MAOI to wear off.
That is only of course if you use syrian rue or other short-acting reversible MAOI's, if you use pharmaceutical MAOI's they may be non-reversible which you need to be extremely careful with for quite awhile after until your body is able to synthesize more MAO

Thanks. I know it is not optimal. Seen people do mdma a week before, but this weekend was quite heavy. So guess my concern was regarding the reaction to a low level seratonin situation. I strive to mitigate the damage both during and after, and I dont feel overly crashed either. It will be a super clean 11 days. Thanks again. This is my first time posting here. Been scrolling the forum for years though. Open sharing of information is what we need for a safer, stranger experience ;) Appreciate the input!

Shanti shanti shanti to all :)