PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ayahauasca is a scam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetanoiaMan

Bluelighter
As I've posted here, Ralph Metzner has written in his Ayahuasca book, that the body breaks down DMT and psilocybin identically into psilocin(people here have ragged on the statement, but Ralph Metzner is probably the most informed expert on psychedelics that lives.). Anyway, I just grew my own summer mushroom crop and ate four fresh ones yesterday at the beach. I've done ayahuasca four times as well. Let me tell you the affect is identical, with the Mushrooms maybe being more powerful. I've fallen for the Ayahuasca ceremony trendiness. But it's just old wine in new skins. You are just paying for the music and the ceremony. Fresh Mushrooms provided all the exact same affects and influence on sounds, sensations, body feelings, visuals, appreciation of patterns, thinking and able to experience multileveled reality. A body synthesizes DMT and Psilocybin identically to get it through the blood brain barrier. There is no south American propped up dictator in charge. It's a total consciousness democracy...

Dude JUST posted about how superior going to aya ceremonies with legit shaman is to vaping DMT

troLOLalala

Consciousness democracy? We need as many people in the psychedelic movement as we can get, regardless of how they get there.

It's pretty obvious you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to psychedelics MetanoiaMan. While I agree that paying to go to South America for an Ayahuasca ceremony is a bit redundant when you could take DMT orally in the comfort of your own home, the average person lacks the chemistry knowledge and psychedelic experience to do this successfully.

I think most psychonauts would agree that 4-AcO-DMT is much more similar to n,n-DMT than psilocybin. Psilocybin in my experience is a trip of much different character than 4-ACO-DMT (which many compare to a drawn out smoked DMT trip) or smoked DMT (never taken it orally). So I would say you are wrong and ask you to take this misinformation elsewhere.

I never really took drugs that seriously so provided they induce intoxicating effects they are not scams. I suppose if you are some kind of privileged youth who goes to Peru only to continue the bastardization of a tradition through the use of greed and the popularization of an otherwise exotic and unpredictable substance, I could see how you would be disappointed.

In order to experience the "level" they are trying to get you to truly you need to be at peace with the land you are doing this in that is to say there is a huge difference between taking an intense substance in familiar territory vs flying 1000s of miles and taking it in some "traditional" setting.

I never really took drugs that seriously so provided they induce intoxicating effects they are not scams. I suppose if you are some kind of privileged youth who goes to Peru only to continue the bastardization of a tradition through the use of greed and the popularization of an otherwise exotic and unpredictable substance, I could see how you would be disappointed.

In order to experience the "level" they are trying to get you to truly you need to be at peace with the land you are doing this in that is to say there is a huge difference between taking an intense substance in familiar territory vs flying 1000s of miles and taking it in some "traditional" setting.

No, No. Of course going to peru to do this is ridiculous and indulgent. But here in the US, lots of people are giving people ayahuasca in "ceremonies" and profiting from it. And it is scientific fact that your body metabolizes DMT and psilocybin into the exact same chemical, psilocin. So if you want to think you are doing something exotic and different with DMT, whether taken orally, or smoked, you aren't. Your brain experiences psilocybin and DMT as the same chemical once it is metabolized. That was all I am saying. Therefore, all psilocybin threads and DMT threads are the same subject. That's just the fact. However you want to ritualize your DMT use, whether it is smoking it, or drinking ayahuasca, you are doing nothing different than someone eating mushrooms as far as your brain is concerned. Sorry to rain on the exotic party. Same wine, different skins.

Oh my freakin god dude. Don't call your pseudoscience "scientific fact". Seriously, where do you get off?

Man people can you please stop feeding this guy? He's just trolling.. probably thinks this is hilarious

This ongoing attitude is incredibly childish, MetanoiaMan. Even Nexus_Tripper is sick of it.

Please, in the simplest way, what did you hope to come of this thread? What are you actually trying to tell us?

Even if they did affect you the same way (not even gonna get involved in that argument), how would that make Ayahuasca a scam?

OK.

You need to stop creating these types of threads (and you know exactly what I mean) MetanoiaMan. If you want to bring constructive discussion with scientific facts to the table, you're more than welcome...But thus far you've presented pseudo-science like DMT > 4-HO-DMT in vivo, and seemingly refuse to engage in civil discussion when met with responses and instead choose to label us children; all quite condescendingly as others have pointed out.

We'd like to be a community that gets along harmoniously, regardless of differing views and beliefs. Some of us choose to take things like mushrooms recreationally, for a bit of fun; some of us choose to use them strictly as spiritual tools to seek enlightenment....but what makes you stand out from the crowds is that you refuse to accept that there is no single "correct" way to use these substances, and insist we're all doing it the wrong way. That's not constructive at all. Continuing to behave like this is disruptive.

Until you have solid scientific facts with sources to back up claims (which cannot be provided on matters of opinion, such as this thread's topic), you're stating nothing but your feelings etc. You're welcome to them, and we respect them. Just stop calling us children and telling us we're wrong, else you'll likely find your ability to do so quickly compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.