Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Avoid back to back days of acid

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
I posted this to r/drugs a while back:

"This past weekend I took LSD 3 days in a row at a festival.In my experience, I usually have to more than double my dose of LSD if I want similar effects on back to back days. And even then, the head high is very diminished and visuals more blurry than they are patterned.
Anyways, first night I took 300ug, second night I took 800ug, and finally the third night I took 2000ug.
On that final night, For the first 4ish hours of the trip I had this crazy stomach nausea. Felt like I was going to puke and didn't want to move around much. Just felt sort of sick and dizzy.
Mentally I felt fine, due the tolerance the trip wasn't incredibly euphoric or visual either. It was still strong though. But still felt like a weaker trip than the first day in a lot of ways.
Is this simply just the byproduct of taking it many days in a row in which the negative effects of LSD begin to overpower the positive effects?
Eventually I got something to eat which helped a lot, but still my stomach felt uneasy for the rest of the night.
Oddly enough, midway through the trip we began doing small bumps of 2c-b every couple minutes and this actually helped my stomach.
Any info/experiences would be great.
If you ever get a chance to go to Shambhala, do it!"

Anyone else have experience with stomach discomfort from LSD? I don't think I'll ever do 3 days in a row again, either 2 days in a row or better yet skip the day in the middle of the 3. Huge waste of LSD. Its just crazy since the first night with 300ug, definitely felt like 300ug, but by the last night, 10 strip of the same stuff down the hatch did so little. and doing bits of 2cb both nights before probably didn't help much for tolerance. In retrospect being low on food/sleep probably made the trip weaker as well.

This summer I want to try taking like 400-500ug with no tolerance, I've never really experienced an acid trip that really consumes me, i think because the only times i take a lot are back to back days at festivals, and its just an uphill battle against tolerance.

This is all speculation from me at least .. but I actually have experienced stomach discomfort from dosing L a whole lot and I figured it was probably because the product was sub-par and had by-products left it in from the synthesis. I really dont know - and it could have been circumstancial as well but I have also had discomfort in the stomach from dosing hella L. But also theres been times where i was tottally fine ... I used to eat around 100-200 ug everyday for a couple months and at certain times would up my dosage high af if i wanted to get more then just an anti-depressant effect from it .

To summarize though - I really dont know what could have caused the discomfort. there is definitely too many factors.

Did you eat 20 blotter tabs for that 2000ug trip? I could see how that much cellulose would not sit very well in the stomach :)

Well, 5HT3 agonism can, but LSD virtually does not act on that at all, likely even at those doses. But yes also serotonin may elevate brain serotonin levels despite not releasing it, and in the nausea area of the brain guess what that can lead to?

It's not the product of taking it days in a row but could be the product of taking huge doses to offset tolerance wanting to trip days in a row, a small but significant difference. Also, you ate thousands of mics of acid and got side-effects... orly?

It's possible to get it at lower single doses though, if you're unlucky. Even cleanly produced acid doesn't always produce clean trips. There's a slight gamble involved. It may be hard to predict or avoid things like that, it's just so incredibly complex (its your brain maaan) that things like this can result from basically chaos theory.

Well, 5HT3 agonism can, but LSD virtually does not act on that at all, likely even at those doses. But yes also serotonin may elevate brain serotonin levels despite not releasing it, and in the nausea area of the brain guess what that can lead to?

It's not the product of taking it days in a row but could be the product of taking huge doses to offset tolerance wanting to trip days in a row, a small but significant difference. Also, you ate thousands of mics of acid and got side-effects... orly?

It's possible to get it at lower single doses though, if you're unlucky. Even cleanly produced acid doesn't always produce clean trips. There's a slight gamble involved. It may be hard to predict or avoid things like that, it's just so incredibly complex (its your brain maaan) that things like this can result from basically chaos theory.

Yeah definitely won't take that much after a big tolerance like that, and probably just never going to trip 3 days in a row again. It sucks, cause my first thought is "oh i'll just do a different psych!" but they all seem to overlap in tolerance as far as I know. I wonder, does MDA have cross tolerance with LSD? I know MDMA doesn't, but MDA has a psychedelic aspect to it. Any info on non-tolerance over-lapping psychs would be much appreciated!

I go to shambhala ever year, and it's 3 nights I'd like to be tripping, but it just seems that isn't really possible in reality.

The first year I went, I skipped LSD on day 2 and on day 3 I tripped just fine, maybe the hardest I've ever tripped as I took ~3x or 4x the dose I took the 1rd day. Was an absolute blast, felt similar to the first couple times I ever took LSD where I feel like I'm not entirely there, where I feel like I'm in a dream or a memory, quasi-out of body but still fully functional, hard to explain.

Also, I thought the whole "clean LSD" thing was BS? Like, it's either LSD or it isn't. 100ug of LSD is 100ug, and if its not, then its not LSD?

MDA is a pretty heavy / exhausting and a bit toxic. I really wouldn't add two days of drugs to that.

Also, I thought the whole "clean LSD" thing was BS? Like, it's either LSD or it isn't. 100ug of LSD is 100ug, and if its not, then its not LSD?

Yes that is what I would say and it's the point of both pure or impure LSD being able to produce side-effects. So yeah that is why I posted that.

Other than that, probably best you could do is don't try to trip too hard on the first day if you don't want to get monster tolerance, maybe pick a functional dissociative the second day (though this is only advised for people who are very experienced with them and tolerant to them), then trip on a psychedelic the third day that is a bit different from the one on day 1. Or maybe make it DOC on day 2 and have a long trip.

Things like DMT that doesn't really produce tolerance or salvia that acts categorically different aren't festival material nor do they act long (oral DMT aside). Other than that... yeah tolerance or cross-tolerance.

I get a weird, painful gas/bloating feeling in my gut occasionally from LSD, but I've never had nausea. It seems to happen randomly, not from overuse. It sounds like you were going really hard, no telling what your stomach could do when over-drugged/exhausted. Festivals are a hell of a thing.

Honestly it could even be motion sickness? If tripping hard - it was during the peak i guess - the distortion could mess with your senses. Motion sickness comes from information from the senses not matching, especially feeling movement and seeing movement.
Just a thought.

MDA is a pretty heavy / exhausting and a bit toxic. I really wouldn't add two days of drugs to that.

Yes that is what I would say and it's the point of both pure or impure LSD being able to produce side-effects. So yeah that is why I posted that.

Other than that, probably best you could do is don't try to trip too hard on the first day if you don't want to get monster tolerance, maybe pick a functional dissociative the second day (though this is only advised for people who are very experienced with them and tolerant to them), then trip on a psychedelic the third day that is a bit different from the one on day 1. Or maybe make it DOC on day 2 and have a long trip.

Things like DMT that doesn't really produce tolerance or salvia that acts categorically different aren't festival material nor do they act long (oral DMT aside). Other than that... yeah tolerance or cross-tolerance.

Not a fan of dissociatives, unless I'm just chilling on a sofa watching a crazy movie, unfortunately:( Never understood why ketamine is such a hit at shows/festivals, shit destroys my coordination and offers zero musical enhancement (in fact, it makes music sound harsh and lifeless to me).

And yeah MDA is quite exhausting... Probably wouldn't be a good idea unless it were on the last day. Shit put me out for the entire next day the first and only time I ever had it, was a blast though.

Honestly it could even be motion sickness? If tripping hard - it was during the peak i guess - the distortion could mess with your senses. Motion sickness comes from information from the senses not matching, especially feeling movement and seeing movement.
Just a thought.

Thats the thing, I was tripping less that 3rd day than I did either of the days before. Very little visuals, not much head high (or I was just so disconnected and used to being that way), and just a really bad bodyload (normally I get crazy energy and MDMA like euphoria from LSD after a long break from it). Honestly I think it was a combination of virtually no sleep and little food and just a massive dose that my body had just had enough of.