• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Availability of Miltown (Meprobamate) in Canada?

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
Alright here in canada we got screwed and we dont even have Soma since 1992.

The only muscle relaxants i see used these days are flexeril, robaxin (ew), baclofen (which seems pretty good stuff tho, but I wonder how hard it is to obtain without having MS ? Oh and there is also this other easy to just buy without a script muscle relaxant i feel makes me nauseous and horrible overall called orphenadrine.

I think I heard meprobamate was still available in the USA only used a skeletal muscle relaxant for injuries these days and not for anxiety like in the 50's. Any truth to this ? And is it available in Canada?

I'm basically looking for something to discuss with my psychiatrist to help me do a slow painless taper off valium with less addictive material, whatever the sensationalism I heard about meprobamate in the 60's and 70's, I know it is definitely less addictive than benzos and stopping it cold turkey will most likely not cause dangers of death from seizures and extreme muscle spasms (what happens when i try to take only 10mg of valium a given day, i need 15 or even better 20mg a day, which is my normal script these days, I dropped benzo usage a lot in the past thanks from switching to valium from rivotril.

Thanks.

According to the HC Drug Product Database there are 282 MEP tablets made by a division of Pharmascience.
Active Ingredients:
ACETYLSALICYLIC ACID 350 MG
CAFFEINE (CAFFEINE CITRATE) 15 MG
CODEINE PHOSPHATE 15 MG
MEPROBAMATE 200 MG
Product monograph is not available in database so not sure what they are scripted for.