• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Autoimmune disease and Psilocybin

mb-909

Bluelighter
My blood was tested 5 weeks ago for any indication if I have some sort of kidney disease (foamy urine, which has been lasting up to date) and I had an ANA factor of 1280:1... I was told to do a second blood testing for further clarification (if I get an appointment..). Is it save to take psychedelics in general or should I avoid them (Didn't LSD cause significant short term changes in translation of the DNA?)? Do they cause changes in the ANA factor? They are the only effective antidepressant for me to not focus on my problem with the world: my personal "Weltschmerz".

Besides that I noticed that my short term memory improved, but this could be placebo or part of the antidepressant effect... Is it possible to take psychedelics and study at the same time (psychology in germany) or is it more likely contra productive?

"TNF-alpha-mediated inflammatory pathways have been strongly implicated in a number of diseases, including atherosclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, type II diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, and septicemia (Reimold, 2002; Popa et al., 2007; Williams et al., 2007). It is noteworthy that TNF-alpha and other cytokine-induced inflammatory pathways have also been linked to psychiatric conditions such as depression and bipolar disorder (Dunn et al., 2005; Kim et al., 2007), as well as schizophrenia (Saetre et al., 2007), and neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease and stroke (Tweedie et al., 2007). As such, inhibitors of TNF-alpha-mediated proinflammatory pathways represent potential therapeutics for each of these conditions. Currently, the only available therapeutic inhibitors Fig. 7.
Activation and translocation of NF-alphaB p65 in RASM cells is blocked by 5-HT2A receptor stimulation with (R)-DOI. A, the top portion of the figure shows p65 localization as visualized with Alexa Fluor 488-conjugated secondary antibody (green). The lower portion of the figure shows the position of the nuclei as visualized with 4,6-diamidino-2-phenylindole (blue). The distribution of p65 in RASM cells under control conditions is shown in the top left, and it is mainly cytoplasmic. The nuclei are visible as dark areas within the cell (top left panel). Thirty minutes after TNF-alpha (10 ng/ml) is added, p65 has activated and translocated to the nuclei (top center panel), now visible as bright areas within the cells. Pretreatment with (R)-DOI (1nM) for 1 h before the addition of TNF-alpha blocks nuclear translocation of p65 (top right panel). B, quantitation of nuclear translocation shows that the number of cells with p65 in the nucleus is highly increased after addition of TNF-alpha and that pretreatment with (R)-DOI (1 nM) completely blocks this process (average of three fields for each treatment; p 0.01 versus control and #, p 0.01 versus TNF-alpha; ANOVA with Tukey’s post hoc test).
Yu et al.
at ASPET Journals on October 12, 2015
jpet.aspetjournals.org
Downloaded from
of TNF-alpha pathways are monoclonal antibodies against TNF-alpha (infliximab and adalimumab) and soluble TNF-alpha receptor (enteracept), and the development of small molecules for this purpose is highly desirable (Tracey et al., 2007).
Our results indicate that activation of 5-HT2A receptors by (R)-DOI, as well as additional 5-HT2A receptor agonists, represents a novel and extremely potent therapeutic avenue to explore for the treatment of diseases and disorders involving TNF-alpha-mediated inflammation. It is noteworthy that 5-HT2A receptor expression has been detected in most, if not all, of the tissues mediating the inflammatory conditions mentioned above. Given the extremely high potency of (R)-DOI to suppress multiple proinflammatory markers rapidly, ranging from NOS activity, through NF-alpha B translocation, to gene expression of ICAM-1, VCAM-1, and IL-6, the predicted therapeutic dose would be at least two orders of magnitude below that necessary to produce undesirable hallucinogenic side effects. It is noteworthy that because (R)-DOI can significantly inhibit the effects of TNF-alpha many hours after the administration of TNF- alpha, potential therapies could be aimed at not only preventing inflammation, but also treating inflammation or injury that has already occurred or is ongoing."

references: Serotonin 5-Hydroxytryptamine2A Receptor Activation Suppresses Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha-Induced Inflammationwith Extraordinary Potency
Bangning Yu, Jaime Becnel, Mourad Zerfaoui, Rasika Rohatgi, A. Hamid Boulares,
and Charles D. Nichols
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center,
New Orleans, Louisiana
Received July 11, 2008; accepted August 14, 2

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/327/2/316.full.pdf+html

I am going to look at it tomorrow, math classes in the morning...

(Didn't LSD cause significant short term changes in translation of the DNA?

Nope, that's a long atanding myth from the 60s, acid causing "damage to chromosomes' or what have you.

Right now I am only going to have Psilocybin available anyway... I am OK with that. I just want to relax a little bit and achieve as much as possible.

Maybe I should try an antidepressant or even the 5-HTP I bought the other day, but I simply can't do it. Staying sober is pretty much the only way to not attend the scaffold to end it all. In the end it doesn't matter if I exist or not. Traces of sympathy and sadness, soon forgotten. The world will turn, life will continue its path to reach perfection and than the day comes where everything is equal. The End, the never ending frosty winter sleep where time stands still and everything becomes nothingness. On the other side I am able to use my senses only one time. Tasting smelling, feeling... By dying all this gets irrelevant. Without eyes you can't see, without skin you can't feel and without a brain you can't think, remember or do as you like... To exist without knowing that you exist, seems to be the corner stone of many people's life (aka religion), not mine. And still I can't enjoy my life and do the things I like. Sorry, but I had to open my mouth to keep my mind shut up. Will be a fun trip into the world of darkness and at least life will be all right for the time being. You can close the thread if you like, I am sightless and forgot there my rose-colored spectacles have been stored.

While a lot of psychedelics are apparently hardly that toxic on say brain, liver or kidneys.. there have been quite a number of anecdotal suggestions that they can affect the immune system. It doesn't tend to be problematic from what we can tell, mostly mucus production or some effect on recovery from something trivial like a common cold (which could have any number of explanations or be statistically null).

Don't want to overly worry you but be extra careful.