• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

AUS - 420 soldiers test positive for drugs

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
More than 400 soldiers have produced positive drug test results in the past four years with the vast majority given the boot, Defence documents reveal.

The documents, released under freedom of information, show 132 soldiers recorded positive test readings for illicit drugs in 2012-13, 101 in 2013-14, 102 in 2014-15 and 85 in the year to June.

Ecstasy remains the drug most commonly detected, with it found in some form in 96 tests.

That was followed by cannabis (80 positive readings), amphetamines (65), steroids (64) and methamphetamines (57).

Just four were busted for use of opiates, with 22 each for use of cocaines and benzodiazepines.

Under Defence's tough on drugs policy only one soldier escaped any penalty. Thirteen remain in the army on up to three years formal warning and seven cases from this year remain to be determined.

The rest were discharged from the army.

Source: http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...s-test-positive-for-drugs#mdcCrXVt6m9iVXwQ.99

It's kind of ironic that the government let's them die in a war but yet they won't let them indulge in drugs which could lead to death if not taken properly.

i agree with what noonoo said.
also, kind of ironic that there were 420 of them, maybe

"Too young to vote, but not to die. Too young to love, but too old to cry."

Reading this article had me thinking of the above quote. Yes, it's random for the most part, but I digress.