• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Auditory hallucinations from mild methamphetamine use

Henry Hotspoons

Greenlighter
For prefix, I rarely ingest stimulants, including caffeinated drinks like coffee, and likely have a low tolerance to their effects.

I smoked roughly .1 to .2 grams of some fairly pure meth roughly 8 hours ago. After several hours of watching television and leisurely sipping ice water I received slight auditory hallucinations of taping on the walls of my apartment, followed with other odd sounds. I abused stimulants such as mephedrone and mdpv over a span of 6 months when I was much younger, and never experienced such side effects. I'm confident that I am physically safe and healthy, but concerned about these side effects, considering I am otherwise a functioning and well adjusted person. Any advice? Similar experiences?

Last edited:
Hey there Henry Hotspoons and welcome to the den of sin and moral corruption that we call Bluelight!

So, as far as hallucinations go, they vary greatly in severity. There's a spectrum, if you will. Auditory hallucinations are generally the beginning stage, along with slight visual hallucinations, like for instance, objects moving in the periphery of your vision. I'm not talking about seeing little green men. Auditory hallucinations aren't uncommon either with Methamphetamine use. They should be of similar severity as the visual hallucinations, that is, mild in intensity. If you're hearing voices saying things to you, then that is a different story.

It doesn't take much Amphetamine to provoke visual side-effects to me. If I stay up for an evening and consume 80mg - 100mg Amphetamine, I'll for instance, look at my wallpaper and see the objects vibrating and moving. It's not a side-effect that indictates any danger typically, so I wouldn't worry about it.

100mg - 200mg Methamphetamine is actually a hefty dose if it is indeed pure like you say. I know I would be spun out of my mind.

That's a common side effect of meth. I have never used meth but people I know who have said they had auditory hallucinations from it. Stay safe, and while you may be tempted to redose, don't.

Yes it's pretty common. I didn't notice it when I first started using stimulants but it eventually starting happening anytime I overdid it. Then as I used longer it became more and more prevalent. Nowadays it always happens even on regular doses of just about any stimulant.

I tend to get a constant whisper radio effect where I can always hear whispering but can never quite hear what is being said. Anything that generates white noise is problematic; I can hear anything from voices to full blown music playing (that aren't actually there) through something like the bathroom fan, for example. It's not usual for me to hear random tapping, pops bangs or otherwise as well. It's all easy to ignore unless I've pushed things too far or for too long.

By the way, PLEASE do not use swim here. It is against the rules, it's annoying to read and it provides you zero legal protection.

This is late, but thank you all for your helpful input. The likely reason for my experience is I way over did it having no experience with very pure meth. I hadn't dabbled in stimulants for for quite a few years. I apologize for my use of SWIM, that is just how I've always communicated on drug forums over the years.