• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Audio hallucinations from opioids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexL25

Greenlighter
I used to be a moderate opioid user, and took a break for a few months. Tonight I took 50mg of hydrocodone and 90mg of T3s. I now remeber a question I have had for a while. Is audio hallucinations normally a thing while high? Nothing too crazy but like brief laughing or voices and things.

I suppose anything is possible but I've been on pretty high doses of opiates for decades and I've never had that experience. Hopefully they aren't too disconcerting.

I have had this happen all the time when I was using. When I used to live with other people that didn’t know I was using, I’d go into the upstairs bathroom and shoot up and during the rush, I could hear the people downstairs talking. Couldn’t make it out it just sounded like mumbling. But then I’d come downstairs and see that there were zero conversations happening

I only experienced hearing voices/sounds while phasing in or out of a nod. It was more like I was beginning to dream these sounds while still concious enough to think I might have actually heard them.

Sometimes high opioid doses would cause my hearing to seem muted or muffled like I was loosing my hearing. Once the drugs wore off normal hearing would return.

I get auditory hallucinations when i?m really high on opiates and nodding. They are actually really strong when i?m nodding at any level.

There can be a lot of strange symptoms when you get very high on Opioids and are nodding in and out, but as a general thing, Opioids are not known to produce hallucinations of any kind as a primary symptom. As others have said, in a way, anything is possible if you get intoxicated enough and different people are inevitably going to experience and perceive the intoxication in different ways.

However, some Opioids are going to be more susceptible to producing hallucinations. I won't go through a list of them right now, but they are out there. The Opioids that you have used in this instance are not known to produce hallucinations.

If there are not objections, I was going to consider closing this one up. I feel it's a pretty clear-cut issue. Leaving it open for a bit in case anyone has any lingering questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.