ATTN MODS: Like or Dislike feature for posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksralyv2mch

Bluelighter
I can't remember which forum does it (I believe drugforums) where they have a like/dislike button for posts by people to show agreement or disagreement. I find myself a lot of the time wanting to like a comment because I agree 100% with what the person has said but don't want to make a post in the thread just saying I agree. What do you all think? Mods?

I personally hate that concept; features like that always end up getting abused and turned into a popularity contest. A person's post should speak for it's self no need to have any rating system. One of my favorite things about bluelight is that it doesn't have anything like that.

This has been discussed at length I'm pretty sure.

It really isn't a big deal to quote a great post and put "Agreed" or "Well said." And I would personally much prefer this if someone likes or agrees with something I posted.

And if you think a post is incorrect or has dangerous advice, it's much better to respond with correct info in case someone reads it and takes it at face value.

One of the things that is so great about BL is the discussion and a like/dislike button would not only detract from that but we'd also be risking posts being about popularity vs harm reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.