• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Ativan vs. Diazepam

Mad Dash

Bluelight Crew
Okay this is very strange for me so I will just ask if it has ever happened to anyone else. I use to hate ativan for the sole purpose that it did not effect me at all. I have been on 10 mg diazepam daily for a couple months now and it doesn't really do anything anymore. At least that I can feel. However, the other day I was given an RX at the VA for acute anxiety. And I took 1 mg on an empty stomach and BAM I felt great! not like high as fuck of sleepy or anything along those lines but I could actually feel it. Is there a reason for this? I would think for someone that could never get anything out of ativan that having a tolerance to diazepam would make them even more useless. yet somehow now they effect me more so than 20 mg of diazepam... anyone?

diazepam sucks, really bad.

and you took it on a empty stomach which always helps.

Ativan is one of the best benzos IMO. Hits you right away and doesn't make you too tired. Diazepam isn't as effective as Ativan for me.

Also how did you get a script at the VA? I thought they don't prescribe benzos anymore.

Also just be careful with this crap. Benzo withdrawal is a total bitch.

Ativan is one of the best benzos IMO. Hits you right away and doesn't make you too tired. Diazepam isn't as effective as Ativan for me.

Also how did you get a script at the VA? I thought they don't prescribe benzos anymore.

Also just be careful with this crap. Benzo withdrawal is a total bitch.

I have two RX of benzos from VA. But I am 70% disabled mentally ALONE, also my back,neck, right leg, and left arm. I am also on a loooong list of other pharms...

Ativan never did anything for me at all even in doses of up to 20mg's. Hell even when i managed to get 2 4mg vials of Ativan and IVed both of them i felt nothing. I do like Valium though and despite it's low potency compared to say Clonazepam or Lorazepam id rather Valium then alot of other benzos because i find it more relaxing and better for muscle spasms.

I much prefer Temazepam to other benzos as it's the only one i get any real euphoria from and it's only half as potent as Diazepam. Potency does not equate with euphoria with benzos or opiates obviously.

Ativan never did anything for me at all even in doses of up to 20mg's. Hell even when i managed to get 2 4mg vials of Ativan and IVed both of them i felt nothing. I do like Valium though and despite it's low potency compared to say Clonazepam or Lorazepam id rather Valium then alot of other benzos because i find it more relaxing and better for muscle spasms.

I much prefer Temazepam to other benzos as it's the only one i get any real euphoria from and it's only half as potent as Diazepam. Potency does not equate with euphoria with benzos or opiates obviously.

See, this is what it use to be like with me... then BAM, like I said out of nowhere one day... I got actual euphoria from 1 mg. And I take 10 mg of diazepam daily. That is why I am super confused. I have in the past taken 5 mg in on sitting trying to get high off ativan. Then I get RX'd it and I am like, great another waste of my fucking time (I was trying to get xanax but the VA will not for seemingly ANY reason write this anymore.) and boom I was high.