• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ativan taper after 3 weeks usage?

kx_

Bluelighter
I've been using Ativan for the last 3 weeks, almost every day, in doses of 0.5-1 mg per day...

Now if I wanna quit, do I need to taper down somehow? I Heard some horror stories of people withdrawals from benzos....

Thanks!

If you didnt experience withdrawal from GABAergics (benzos, alcohol, gbl/ghb, gabapentin, pregabalin) in the past you should be fine just quitting.
You might experience some discomfort, agitation.
But nothing major.

.5mg is the smallest dose for ativan even 1mg is safe doubt youll exp full blown withdrawal maybe some rebound anxiety crazy anxiety, just an overall uncomfortable feeling
rebound anxiety is nasty but nothing compared to full blown WD which can can be fatal or cause seizures but rebound anxiety wont
try not to take any and assess how you feel first before going cold turkey, if you feel like complete shit then you might have to taper off

You'll just experience 1 day or even 2 with slight rebound anxiety and maybe a bit of insomnia.

The dosages that you've taken were small and the period was short, no need to worry.

.5mg is the smallest dose for ativan even 1mg is safe doubt youll exp full blown withdrawal maybe some rebound anxiety crazy anxiety, just an overall uncomfortable feeling
rebound anxiety is nasty but nothing compared to full blown WD which can can be fatal or cause seizures but rebound anxiety wont
try not to take any and assess how you feel first before going cold turkey, if you feel like complete shit then you might have to taper off
Good post.