• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Ativan, dilaudid and methadone tabs

Cstarr14

Greenlighter
Question, I’ve just started being prescribed Ativan for anxiety. I’m diagnosed with bi polar, Ptsd from childhood trauma, anxiety, an manic depression.. also on lexapro. The first couple nights the Ativan did help me with sleep, but how do I tell my doctor that I may need a higher dose ? Or if they can try me on Xanax for a short time? Also, pain management doc has me on 2mg dilaudid 2x daily, but wants to try me on 5mg tablets of methadone. Would that help me more than the dilaudid right now? I have arthritis in an around spine.any advice is welcomed. Thanks for reading

Methadone is supposedly great for pain due to the nmda activity it produces. Perhaps a gabbapentinoid like pregabalin or gabapentin thrown in the mix could help too.
As for your Ativan, all you can do is ask your doctor. Lorazepam isn't really a great benzo for sleep, it's more anxiolytic in effects. Maybe ask for temazepam or zopiclone for sleep?

Question, I’ve just started being prescribed Ativan for anxiety. I’m diagnosed with bi polar, Ptsd from childhood trauma, anxiety, an manic depression.. also on lexapro. The first couple nights the Ativan did help me with sleep, but how do I tell my doctor that I may need a higher dose ? Or if they can try me on Xanax for a short time? Also, pain management doc has me on 2mg dilaudid 2x daily, but wants to try me on 5mg tablets of methadone. Would that help me more than the dilaudid right now? I have arthritis in an around spine.any advice is welcomed. Thanks for reading
Read about benzodiazepines physical addiction and withdrawals I've been on a obedient prescribed dose of clonazepam 2.5 at a stressful time in my life, and my ever so beloved psychiatrist got I'll and basically disappeared, no refills, I went into some kind of respiratory problems, and fear, better said TERROR, over my breathing problems, I heard circus music playing, and flush stomach aches.My point is that ativan and clonazepam are purified cleaner drugs leaving less side effects and can be titrated down respectfully. So trust me, I've also gone through a rough opiate withdrawal and the benzodiazepine withdrawls are worse. Now Xanax is a dirty hangover benzo, that a lady I knew, decided to just stop.she saw things, pointed out to me that weren't there, believed that little monkeys came to her home at night, and described music playing that I couldn't hear, like the hallucinations the skitzophrenic people suffered from. She wound up at the mental health facility and was put back on, 3 weeks of observation before my aforementioned beloved psychiatrist told her to never go off Xanax again and she took the lowest dose available. Just be careful what you ask for, some doctors are so uneducated, that they might get you what you ask for, and that's addiction, and pure trouble.

Methadone is supposedly great for pain due to the nmda activity it produces. Perhaps a gabbapentinoid like pregabalin or gabapentin thrown in the mix could help too.
As for your Ativan, all you can do is ask your doctor. Lorazepam isn't really a great benzo for sleep, it's more anxiolytic in effects. Maybe ask for temazepam or zopiclone for sleep?
Thanks for info, I will ask my doctor about it

You have chronic pain / arthritis (just like me, RA life long condition with chronic pain)

Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) 2mg tablets are a great option for an opioid naive patient. Short acting, potent opioid mu-agonist equal to oral Morphine 10mg

Your doctor wants to switch you over to Methadone because of its very long half-life (24h v.s. like 8-12h for Dilaudid). With Dilaudid you’ll have to pop pills daily multiple time….with “peaks & valleys” in serum levels, often causing mini withdrawal symptoms when you don’t take your scheduled Dilaudid dose.

Methadone taken in the morning will basically last all day….and after a week or so of daily Methadone it actually gets stronger / more potent analgesic properties as it builds up in the body due to it long half-life. It’s the best opioid analgesic for serious long term chronic pain conditions. Dilaudid and other short acting opioids are best suited for short term conditions (broken leg, surgery’s, etc)

Lorazepam (Ativan) & Diazepam (Valium) are the preferred benzodiazepine anxiolytic medications for mental and physical anxiety…..most often administered via I.V. / I.M. injection for violent aggressive patients being admitted into the hospital. Lorazepam is great, but Diazepam (Valium) reigns supreme due to its powerful muscle relaxant properties in addition to its super potent anxiolytic properties.

Regarding the Lorazepam, take as little as needed, if you REALLY need it. Sure it’s great to have Methadone & Lorazepam both kick in at the same time, but no doubt will lead to a dependency issue. Benzodiazepine are FAR worse than any opioid withdrawal

Methadone is also a full mu-opioid receptor agonist (just like Dilaudid/Oxycodone/Heroin/Morphine, etc) so it’s a real opioid. 5mg is a good safe starting dose equal to Dilaudid 2mg roughly

NOTE: take your Methadone in morning with breakfast and Lorazepam latest after dinner 5/6pm. Significant danger can happen if one were to take Methadone & Benzodiazepine together late at night….as moderate to significant CNS depressant effects can happen, especially in the part of the brain responsible for breathing.

You breathing could become so shallow and laboured that you could stop breathing in your sleep….scary shit.

You’re pretty safe with your regiment & dosing, nothing to really worry about…..just throwing it out there. THOUSANDS have had accidental overdose deaths due to combining opioids & benzodiazepine meds, along with other CNS depressants, alcohol, Pregabalin, Carisoprodol, plus more opioid & benzo with more drinks cause you’re feeling so good and forget how many you’ve taken.

I have lots of experience using dilaided and am currently prescribed methadone at 10 mg per day for pain management.

How much methadone per day does the doctor want to switch you to? 10mg per day (2 pills)?

The dilauded dose you are taking per day (4mg), if you are taking by mouth (only 30% bioavailability) is basically nothing and 10 mg per day of methadone will provide much longer lasting and stronger analgesic effects.

Snorting dilauded doubles it's strength because nasal bioavailability is 60%.

5 mg of methadone per day is too low in my opinion I feel like there is a dose response that's exponential between 5 mg and 10 mg of methadone. Where 5mg is worthless where 10 mg gives pretty good analgesia

Question, I’ve just started being prescribed Ativan for anxiety. I’m diagnosed with bi polar, Ptsd from childhood trauma, anxiety, a manic depression.. also on lexapro. The first couple nights the Ativan did help me with sleep, but how do I tell my doctor that I may need a higher dose ? Or if they can try me on Xanax for a short time? Also, pain management doc has me on 2mg dilaudid 2x daily, but wants to try me on 5mg tablets of methadone. Would that help me more than the dilaudid right now? I have arthritis in an around spine.any advice is welcomed. Thanks for reading
Forgot to mention I’m on peritoneal dialysis so some of the medication I take comes out of system at night while on my machine smh

Dilaudid is shit oraly imo id def try out methadone. Also ativan is shit for sleep something like temazepam or zopiclone would be better

Yes, Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) is most often administered in a hospital setting via IV/IM/SC injection bypassing first pass metabolism as your liver will destroy approximately 70% of oral dose

Apparently Dilaudid IR tablets are the same formulation from the 1920’s called Hypodermic tablets (to be taken orally or diluted in saline/water for injection. A micron filter is a MUST and can be easily purchased online

I was injecting my Canadian Purdue Pharma brand Hydromorph-Contin XR beads stupidly adding heat, melting all the wax and XR technology causing serious medical complications called Endocarditis (inflammation of the sack protecting the heart) it felt like I was getting a heart attack and I called 911. At the hospital they asked me if I was injecting my legally prescribed HM Contin, I lied and said no…but the nurse knew

After OxyContin was removed from the Canadian market for OP / OxyNEO …..Dilaudid & HM Contin use skyrocketed and so did medical cases of Endocarditis from patients injecting their XR Hydromorphone

Dilaudid 2/4/8mg IR tablets are best suited for i.v. administration due to 100% bioavailability

Oral administration of HM has a piss poor bioavailability of 30% ….it’s an offensive practice to “waste” hydromorphone by taking orally

In Canada, there was a pilot study in a medical journal which injectable Hydromorphone was compared against Diacetylmorphine (Heroin) and a significant number of study participants could not differentiate between which drug they were receiving. Also, injectable HM doesn’t require the stringent roadblocks and regulation that Diamorphine (Heroin) does.

Sandoz Pharmaceutical manufacture an adorable cute little 10ml glass vial with an ENTIRE GRAM 1,000mg of Hydromorphone, could fit in your front pocket and nobody would ever know. A standard 30 gauge 1cc insulin syringe fully loaded would hold 100mg of pure Pharma HM …..a dose that would kill a large number or tolerant users

Google this vial, has a red label, Sandoz HM HP Fort 100mg/per ml (10ml vial) 1,000mg of Hydromorphone

When I think to myself what I’d do for a 3-lifetimes supply of every CII substance I use and desire….it scares the sh!t outta me,

Oxycodone
Hydromorphone
Diamorphine
Methadone
Adderall
Dexedrine
Desoxyn / Methedrine
Ritalin / Focalin
Phenmetrazine
Diazepam
Lorazepam
Clonazepam
Alprazolam
Etizolam
Ketamine
Cocaine hcl
MDMA
LSD-25
Psilocybin
Depo-Testosterone
Cannabis (Indica & Sativa)
Pregabalin / Gabapentin / Phenibut

100 million USD in numerous accounts throughout Canada & U.S.
main estates in Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Florida…..where I can legally own select fire / fully-automatic, U.S.G.I Mil-Spec, hi capacity, sound suppressors, 30+ pallets of newly manufactured LC Federal FMJ-BT military ammunition, cleaning supplies, spare parts, pallets of H2O, MRE’s, essential medical supplies, food @ water, multiple Generac Generators, top of the line perimeter security systems, SAT phones, professionally trained German Sheppards freely roaming compound, ATV’s, gold bullion, state of the art modern fortress in Mother Nature, water front, fresh flowing streams, wilderness, compound on an elevated valley overlooking miles & miles of breathtaking scenery.

Barrett M82A1 .50 Caliber heavy hitting precision sledge hammer that could neutralize any vehicle with an armoured piercing incendiary tracer to the engine block, 10-round magazine, semi-auto …..backed up by a Browning M2 HB belt fed .50 Caliber, fully automatic, 200-round belt ammo box with black tip AP tungsten core armour piercing ammunition …..all for fun of coarse……my 100-2,000 yard outdoor range with various targets, old cars, cinder block walls, built structures, more old cars, swinging steel gongs, etc

A beautiful wife and 3 kids ……that’s my basic fantasy lmao

I was getting hydromorph contin for a long time and miracously never had a problem. I did use a micron filter though and i don't think i often heated it.

had several types of D. m4s are the weakest but still do the job, had some wafer looking ones that were 10 times stronger with the same mg, and some other fatter looking ones that had me nodding out like never before... wondering why some are better than others? some just more soluble? are the m4s/m2s made so that IV is les effective?