• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Atarax for benzo withdrawal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent for benzo wd but find it better than most benzos or z-drugs for inducing sleep. It seems fairly good at curbing anxiety so its worth a shot. But wont prevent seizures and you shouldnt benzo wd on your own if you can help it.

I took it a handful of times when I detoxed off benzos. It was not helpful, but not harmful either.

Well, ime I really helps with anxiety, particulary if combined with L-Theanine (you should look into that)
But this is a list of side-effects:
Rare (less than 0.1 % ): Tremor, convulsions
Frequency not reported: Psychomotor impairment, paresthesia, extrapyramidal effects, seizure, coma, ataxia, slurred speech, bitter taste in mouth, faintness, vertigo

So even though these are really rare I'd say better be on the side of caution and don't take it

for benzo withdrawals hydroxyzine is basically useless; i had to wait til my body had flushed out all of the etizolam and valium i was on before it even did a thing.
but as a treatment for GAD once you've stabilized its pretty good.

Thanks for the replies :)

Was going to order some as being in the UK my Dr says anti-histamines are dangerous? So the site I was going to order them from wanted my full name and address which is fully understandable, but on the card payment they wanted my account number, long card number, expiry date, the 3 digit security code and my date of birth......Dont like the sound of this at all.

Was going to order some as being in the UK my Dr says anti-histamines are dangerous?

lol what? i've been prescribed it from various UK GPs and the only thing they've said in passing is 'these might make you sleepy'.
your doctor sounds odd

lol what? i've been prescribed it from various UK GPs and the only thing they've said in passing is 'these might make you sleepy'.
your doctor sounds odd

My Dr is an idiot....Happy to prescribe me 20mg of Diazepam a day for the past 16 years and 0.5mg Clonazepam for the past 7 years but wont prescribe an anti-histamine as he said they are dangerous and cause harm to the liver? I take Cirtirazine everyday as I get a rash if I dont take it, luckily I can buy it at Boots or Tesco :)

Status
Not open for further replies.