• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids At what point is Kratom usage pointless and one should move down the ladder?

I’ve never gone hard with kratom like some people have either...the most I’ve usually done is around 8-10 grams taken as a single dose / day. Never really even considered taking larger doses as it doesn’t really add anything other than potentially severe nausea IME, but I know people do much more and throw in concentrates etc...

Yeah that makes such a huge difference, a low dose. When you get into 30+ grams per day it starts to get hairy when you stop.

And what Wizard says is also very correct. Coming into kratom from full agonist dependence means you will experience the kindling effect from previous opiate dependence. I, for example, was addicted to full agonost opiates for a long time. So now kratom produces withdrawals quite quickly and more severely than it would for someone who has only ever dabbled in kratom.

A year or so ago (on years of low dose kratom - less than 2g (then) every four or so hours), I ran up on some bupre. Dude (a friend that was heavy into opioids) was giving them away and I had never tried it or subs. I got a handful and commenced to experiment for the next coupla weeks. It did make me sick as hell first dose of bupre. But felt like I had had a decent fix of good h. Wasn't the most unpleasant barfing I have ever had but it lasted an hour or so. I had forgotten about precipitated wds and just did it. Stayed high the rest of that day and into the next morn... no more kratom needed or even though of.
I dropped the bupre by half (cannot remember the dose, now) and took kratom normally a day after and the sick feeling was not as noticeable but the buzz was no more or less and lasted all day. Cut my krat usage down for those two weeks (didn't think of it) and when it all got back to normal the kratom worked as usual.
Haven't had any experiences with bupre since.
Would like to find some reason why this happened but pharmacology and how things work in the brain is not my strong point. Add that to everyones chemistry is different and it is anyones guess.
I doubt it was precipitated wd that made you sick, it was probably just the dosage of the sub especially if you took a whole one. Sub is more potent than people realize and a little can go a long way.

I doubt it was precipitated wd that made you sick, it was probably just the dosage of the sub especially if you took a whole one. Sub is more potent than people realize and a little can go a long way.
No it wasn't withdrawals at all. Haha It was getting bombed. The sicker I got that first time the higher I got. Imean it was strong as I hadn't done classic opioids in some time. Maybe dable once or twice a month on a pill or two.
Not sure what the dose was but I did eat a whole four part "strip" that was in the foil packet. Next time I dosed half. Found that I could ride out all day on a morning dose of the bupre and a two gram shot of kratom. I loved it but found that by the end ofthe experiment I was wanting more of both to try to maintain that dreamy feeling. Glad it was over. Think it was two weeks. Posted here I think - maybe in what was your morning fix - but wouldn't swear to it... hard to stay focused at times.
I was mainly trying to answer a question posed by another BLer.
has anyone here experienced precipitated withdrawal from kratom resulting from buprenorphine?
But it def wasnt wd of any kind, in that particular experience :sleep: <---- me lol
Haven't seen any buprs since but the kratom is still on deck and effective ;)

edit:
it makes me dizzy and feel weird
haha reminds me of madness describing it as drinking a few beers
good vibes to qt

You might be better off getting a suboxone script from one of those online health providers.

On a somewhat unrelated note, and out of sheer curiosity, has anyone here experienced precipitated withdrawal from kratom resulting from buprenorphine?
I didn't feel so hot after trying a fraction of an 8mg sub intranasally once with a 100g/ day kratom habit. It definitely blocked the effects of my kratom dose but didn't throw me into full blown withdrawal. Was weird. Felt uncomfortable for a few hours. That was the max kratom dose i was at for quite some time before the burden of obtaining a kilo every 10 days just became too much after awhile. I had wd too often for a day or two waiting on shipping and decided to get off it. That was quite a few years ago now. It's true the withdrawls were easier than say my previous opioid addiction of 350-400mg oxy. Its also true that actual kratom withdrawls suck ass. Best of luck! If i can do it, then you can too!!