• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Assured cough relief gels?

cannablissss

Bluelight Crew
So today I went to Dollar Tree to buy a few items, and as I was in the health isle I came across a lot of boxes of Assured brand cough gels. It's a bottle of 15 pills with 15mg of DXM HBr in each pill. No other active ingredients! I can't believe I found these pills at the DOLLAR store. Needless to say, I got three boxes, since each box is only 225mg of DXM.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Is it comparable to the Robitussin cough gels? If you're having trouble finding a DXM-only source, check out your local dollar store and look for these!

I may post a trip report as it is my first time taking this brand.

I actually do have experience with these exact gels, also from my local dollar store. I've tripped off these about 5-6 times. I tripped fine off of them, and actually felt better the next day compared to using other products that have other active ingredients, as the trip is strictly dxm and much more clean. However, one time I took them on a very empty stomach and while I was tripping I threw up, and my puke was blood red (due to the color of the gels). I hallucinated that I was coughing up blood and that it was overflowing from the toilet all over the floor. Pretty crazy trip thinking that your own blood has caused a toilet to overflow and cover the floor. Anyways, I got over it pretty quickly and ended up enjoying my trip.

Good luck! I think you'll enjoy.

It was amazing. I had no negative side effects. It did take a bit longer to kick in than the typical Robitussin brand I use, but it lasted a long time. I ended up doing 600mg and it was a very euphoric time. Can't believe they're at the dollar store! Smoking weed with it amplified the CEVs. Definitely would do it again.

I took them on a slightly empty stomach and didn't even feel nauseous.

Yeah the nausea was a surprise to me, as I had taken them on an empty stomach prior to this, with no problems. Must have been something else I did that day, perhaps smoking a cigarette. Glad you enjoyed man! And glad we could spread the love of a $1-$3 trip.

Oh yeah, the cigarette was probably it, because I definitely get nauseous if I smoke one while already feeling weird while tripping. This being said, tripping MAKES me smoke. Like, I have more of a need to light up a good menthol. This is also the same for me on LSD, or simply smoking marijuana.. I will never know why.

Anyways, I returned to the Dollar Tree last night and got my three bottles again! I'm in the middle of taking them right now, probably only 40 though as I'm alone and don't want to be TOO disoriented just incase.

I haven't tripped since I posted this question, so I'm expecting a fun time. Go Dollar Tree!!!