• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

associating cannabis with green tea is it because of the L-Theanine?

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
I haven't used any cannabis in years and I don't have access to any; but lately I was craving some, and instead I just drank some green tea last night and it did relax me and my cravings for cannabis went away.

It's not like using cannabis and getting stoned; but I did get relaxed some, my cravings for cannabis went away, and is this because of the L-Theanine? Or is it because most of the times I would smoke or vape cannabis either alone or with friends I would drink green tea so I just associate the two of them? If you drink green tea and have used cannabis is it like this for you?

I've never taken the over the counter L-Theanine pills/capsules like you can buy I just drink a cup or two of green tea.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, and a safe and happy new year.

Last edited:
That's interesting. For a long time myself I've almost always drank some green tea while smoking cannabis. But I sometimes drink it without smoking too.

catechins (some teas) have an affinity for the cannabinoid receptors.

it's not so much a craving as your body telling you you are in need of cannabinoids, an essential ingredient to good health, long life, and body regulation.