Asking, "are you a cop?" Does it work? [Answer: NO]

Jimboach

Bluelighter
This has probably been asked but i'm a mongoloid retard who hates using the search button more than 3 times in a row and that's how many times it took me not to find this answer so far.

My question is, does a cop HAVE to tell you if he's a cop if you ask him? I'm in the NY area and I always wondered this.

Not only that...
But they could be working WITH law enforcement...

As an informant...

So they AREN'T a cop...

That's how we got busted >_<

of course they dont have to tell you they're a cop! cops can lie to get you to admit to anything.. it doesnt matter.. there's no law that says a cop (undercover included) has to admit to being a member of law enforcement.. thats a rumor!!!

However a carefully worded response could work...

"I have no propensity to commit this act and will be acting under duress because I'm scared of telling you, 'No.'
"This is the only reason I'm committing this act, I have never committed this act before, and do not intend to ever commit this act again."

Banquo?
Thoughts? :p

Kalash said:

"I have no propensity to commit this act and will be acting under duress because I'm scared of telling you, 'No.'
"This is the only reason I'm committing this act, I have never committed this act before, and do not intend to ever commit this act again."

Banquo?
lol. i don't think preparing an affirmative defense BEFORE a crime takes place would work.

Kalash said:

Banquo?

I love it!:D I wonder if that would have worked for me back in 2001...but in my case I think it would be hard to prove that the $9k in marked bills in my back pocker wasn't the real motivation.

Just think: a undercover cop is trying to pull off a big coke deal to finally nail that nasty old mafia boss, and right in the middle of the deal the mafia man asks "are you a cop"?

haha what do you think the cop will say?

ForceSith said:
Just think: a undercover cop is trying to pull off a big coke deal to finally nail that nasty old mafia boss, and right in the middle of the deal the mafia man asks "are you a cop"?

haha what do you think the cop will say?
"Why,yes I am. Actually I've been on the force for nine years an hope to make detective soo.......hey fellas,what's with all the guns pointing in my direction? Was it something I said?"

sorry to be rude but this is how people go to jail. by not knowng the answer to a question like this.....good luck, fellow bluelighter

Banquo said:
lol. i don't think preparing an affirmative defense BEFORE a crime takes place would work.

It's worth a shot though.

I mean.. if they're wearing a wire, it'd be documented that you had no propensity to commit the crime without their instruction and your fear of them...

Heck...
I think this should be made into a mandatory thing prior to all drug deals...

If you don't have the propensity to commit the act, it's entrapment.
Stating you don't have the propensity shows outwardly that you... well... don't.

If you say it in a believable manner (re-word it obviously...) then you can make a case off of it.
It takes what?
5 seconds to say those lines?
It's worth giving a shot :p

all the bs ppl say about ways to get around cops n stuf is all bullshit.

a cop WILL do what he wants to do wether its justified or not.
ive been taken to a beach n beaten senseless by 3 cops for 30mins for not giving a name of someone i was with 10mins b4 they rolled up.