• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ashwagandha

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
Okay, there are a handful of threads in the archives which discuss ashwagandha, albeit pretty limited in scope. Also, they're mostly pretty old threads. I'm looking for fresh opinions on the stuff and experiences of people currently using it.

As some of you have already read in my other posts, I have chronic high anxiety levels and get prescribed 60 clonazepam a month (2mg). However, I'm very undisciplined with them, and often don't have them when I need them, so I try and supplement them with various other remedies. First came phenibut, which ended up being a total nightmare for me. I also tried kava, which I posted about here. I found kava to be largely useless, and when I really went for high doses to get something out of it, I got violently ill.

Enter ashwagandha. I've debated giving it a shot for a while, and finally picked some up today. I've read it can take several days to take full effect, and beyond that widely varying opinions. I took my first dose a few hours ago at just under a gram. I feel like it did have a slight effect, but I also currently have codeine and kratom in my system, so it's hard to gauge the extent of its effects.

Anyone currently using it? What dose is appropriate and what dose will likely have negative effects? Anything I should definitely avoid ingesting simultaneously? What's people's experience with it? Really hoping it's better than kava...