• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ashwagandha

Mayor Butt

Greenlighter
100% new to bluelight, please forgive and correct all of my mishaps. I have recently been experimenting with Ashwagandha, and realized that there are very few reviews and experiences about it online. I would like to share my minimal knowledge and experiences with it though. At doses around 500mg, it appears to have a mild anxiolytic effect. I don't find it to be sedating, just a small break in anxiety. There is one report of a woman having a thyrotoxicosis reaction to it, which subsided upon cessation of taking the herb (not sure what her dosage was). There are also vague comments about it having an opioid tolerance reversal effect, but I'm not sure yet how to state my findings using the whole "SWIM" thing. If anyone has a question or comment please feel free to ask, I'd be glad to go into much more detail once I figure out if I'm doing the thread posting correctly. :)

well i dont know what ashwagandha even is but i can tell you that you dont have to use "SWIM" here.

Ashwagandha is a nightshade used in Ayurvedic medicine for fatigue, impotence, anxiety, ect...

Thanks for the help with my "SWIM" dilemma :)

I believe it means that it alleviates withdrawal symptoms and prevents permanent (or further) brain damage from chronic opiate use.

Hey major butt id like to hear more details of your experience with this herb. I have some my self but haven't really tried it is like to know some pros and cons from your point of view if you don't mind

I find that if I take doses exceeding 1g at one time, it has a sedating effect similar to a low dose of antihistamine. I've been taking doses of 225mg 4x a day with some gotu kola and bacopa mixed in there. It has a mild relaxing effect after sticking to this regimen for a few days, and I noticed that the duration of my cold was much shorter than usual. It's one of those herbs that probably has the best effects when taken in moderate doses regularly rather than in large doses occasionally. Since I've stated taking it, I feel like it takes much more caffeine for me to feel stimulated and awake. I'm assuming the sedation from the herbs has something to do with that.

Make X as close to but safely Y

Ashwagana has saved my life people. You not only stop using the drug that's doing you harm you harm, but become addicted to things like said question, ginseng others mentioned bacoba, goto kola. Becoming addicted to good herbs from 1000+ plus of human knowledge and actually reducing your benzo tolerance and helping with withdrawl? Please DO your research before you put anything in your bodies. Bless you all and you can join me in the moment of silence for that human who didn't got off tonight and didn't consult a fellow user about HR

"Go online and buy some Kratom"
Kratom had helped me stay clean and resist slip ups.

I take ashwagandha in powder form when i feel stressed and anxious. I take it about .5g at morning and same amount at evening.But you have to take it everyday over week or so to get the full effect. I have noticed it helps me calm down, sleep better and less anxious. It tastes really bad and smells even worse but with orange juice its ok.

As far as ashwaganda reversing opiate tolorance, I have not experienced this. I take a lot of ashwaganda powder ( I can buy it in bulk at the organic food store on my block). On mornings when I take a whole tablespoon with my coffee I haven't noticed my normal Kratom dose to be any stronger. It does work wonders when I am experiencing PAWS from Kratom.

As for Bacopa btw, that might well be a good plant to avoid, unless grown yourself in known good soil, because it is a known hyperaccumulator of lead. And indeed IIRC might even have been looked at for bioremediation of lead-contaminated ground.