• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

arylcyclohexamines

I don't know where you got that info from, but I'm far far from a PhD and that work was hardly academic in nature to be honest, it was amateur stuff. I have a privilege of doing some academic work under supervision now and it's much more scrupulous and demanding in terms of data collection and analysis. I definitely wouldn't want to be undeservedly named next to such an experienced scientist as Lednicer, comparing this to his work is a big overstatement to say the least. When you're young and you aspire to something great, you can make a mistake of holding your head up even though you're far from achieving something, looking back I suppose that's what I did.

I realize, they were assays not pure theory - the explorations are really appreciated and it turns out you were right about the opioid effects, but it was unclear whether you presented that bit purely as anecdotal, as a theory or if you knew about 3-HO-PCX binding affinities even then. My whole point was: the last thing we want is for something to reverberate as fact before it's confirmed however tantalizing given there is still much to discover. Some things get repeated so much that they become postulated as fact - probably one of those classical fallacies, so, was just asking about the validation itself.

Even if it was 'hardly academic', it was still very interesting just like Hans Meyer's fringe assaying of N-subbed PEAs posted in PD... it can be very helpful to point us in a direction and suggest things hopefully to be proven analytically sooner or later. Only condition is to take it at face value.

I stand corrected, Adder - BDPC can be a bitch to make. BTW - did you escape the banana republic?

The info about potency of 3-HO-PCP vs. PCP and morphine has been taken from some article(s), I can't find it at the moment. I will see if I can dig up a reference for opioid effects when I'm done with exams. Quite a lot of research on the analgesic activity of phencyclidine analogues was done, it's old work though from the era when much less was known about PCP site, so whether 3-hydroxy/3-amino analogues are mu opioids agonists is still to be confirmed, I suppose. Arylcyclohexanamines can ameliorate opioid withdrawal symptoms, however, some seem to be substantially better than others, I found 3-HO-PCP to be one of the better ones as it had an opioid feeling to it on its own, I doubt it was just mere autosuggestion.

BTW - did you escape the banana republic?

No, I didn't. But it's my home after all and I was quite happy to return, I suppose you can start hating any place you live in under certain circumstances.

Last edited:
An article in European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry by a French team showed that replacing the cyclohexane with a p-thiane ring was more potent. Sorry, can't find paper - someone can check it out on Reaxys.

Fuck, I need to finally acquire some robust chemistry skills. Don't want to be dependent on these shady lazy vendors anymore ... why does nobody produce all these nice arylcyclohexylamines when we had a new methcathinone every other week now for years!? Ok, so they stay legal at least ...

I don't care about potency. MXE was potent enough, even ketamine would be fine if it hadn't these bladder issues and would last a little longer. It's better not to have too potent stuff out there because the people just can't use it responsibly.

But there was something really unique about MXE, and I'm wondering whether it might have to do with that 3-HO-2'-OxO metabolite and its mu activity. MXE didn't really develop tolerance for me. There was an initial plateau but then I could use it daily for months without increasing dosage. To ketamine I get insane tolerance ... and when I think about my experiences with opioids, their excitatory rebound and the NMDA-opioid tolerance reversal thing, maybe this works in both ways!? So that mu agonism and NMDA antagonism would cancel each others tolerance out...

Well, the S can oxidise, so duration is reduced in spite of it's improved cLogP. S-PCP would be legal in many places, but the synthesis would literally stink.

I think it's MUCH more important to find out definitely why K causes bladder damage and then repeat for any analogues. Making something that you KNOW might be seriously damaging is not something any responsible designer would contemplate. Simple test. Who is the MOST important human in your life? Would you feel 100% safe in giving it to them? If not, you don't do it.