View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Arylcyclohexamines degradation?

MSK

Bluelighter
I can't seem to find any info aboutarylcyclohexamines conservation. What would be the ideal method of storaging?

I store all my drugs on ziplocks in opaque crystal jars in the fridge except for the dissos and benzodeacepines. As I had got problems with GABAerics and dissos in the past (And they are still provoking me) my benzos and dissos are on a different stash that my flatmate keeps away from me for just using on events (raves,concerts,travels...) or once a month.

The thing is he hasn't got a fridge to hide that stash away from me, so he is keeping it away from home in a dark closet.

What is the degratation of things like ketamine, 3-meo-pcp, 3-meo-pce, 2-oxo-pce, 2-oxo-pcm, 3-ho-pcp, 3-ho-pce, ephenidine, diphenidine or MXP?

Should I be worried? Because my stash will survive me for sure! (A smile was placed on my face as soon as I realized that my 3-meo-pcp will outlive me, I hope he will tell good things about me to the aliens)

With most substances the best rule of thumb for storage is eliminating light/oxygen/heat as best you can. So storing in an airtight container of some sort in the freezer with a desiccant packet or two would be best with a barrier to the light. Let whatever container you're using to store the chemical acclimate to room temperature when you take them out of the freezer before opening them to access the substances for usage.

Quoted from bluelight member Asante:
Arylcyclohexylamines without a ketone group will be quite stable in salt form, but the ones with ketone groups (Ketamine, Methoxetamine, Tiletamine) will tend to spoil over time, and are best kept as dry hydrochlorides in the freezer.
Post link: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...amines-amp-Stimulant-drugs-(2C-X-MDx-FA-MXE-)

The non-ketones like 3-meo-pcp(I don't know all of them, not knowledgeable with chemistry) are supposed to be quite resistant to degradation, also i've heard the majority of benzodiazepines are remarkably stable. I've personally been storing some PCx compounds just in the dark at room temperature in ziplock + foil bags and haven't noticed any degradation. Will invest in a small chest freezer in the near future to adhere to the most rigorous standards, better to be thorough when protecting such investments ;)

Last edited:
Nonsense, even ketamine HCl is perfectly stable at room temperature, even in solution. Stored dry (and airtight, pro forma) it should be fine for years.

source: study on ketamine solution stability in syringes

also confirmed here:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/582976-Ketamine-Subthread-Storage-amp-Stability

Neither for diphenidines do I see an obvious lability... only 3-HO-PCP might be some sort of exception, possibly water and UV radiation (which is what the brown glass is for) could cause that to degrade over time but I don't know.

Last edited: