Arrested with RCs

taraza11

Greenlighter
I recently got arrested for the first time for having spice, 4-aco-dmt, 2c-t-2, 2c-e, 2c-i, mdpv, 2c-p, and 4-fmc all around 200mg (I know I’m stupid). I guess it eventually happens to all drug users eventually but the worst part was the only time i have been arrested i wasn't actually breaking the law. A few days ago around midnight (this is a relatively busy boardwalk so its not unusual to see people around at this hour) me and 3 other friends were tripping sitting on a bench talking at very reasonable volume not playing music or anything on a public boardwalk in NJ.

A cop car pulls up and gets out of the car the cop tells us we were there to smoke pot and that he wants to go through my backpack. I tell him there is no way he is opening my bag, because there was no probable cause to search us (I'm a very experienced tripper and can handle myself well with authority figures even when tripping hard).

He tells me either he is searching my bag or arresting me on the spot and taking my bag and everything in it. So i back down and try to explain to him everything in the bag were completely legal to possess as long as they were never consumed. The reason stated for having these chemicals in my backpack was because i had left them in the bag with the spice by accident, which i understand is actually legal to possess even for human consumption in most of the states including new jersey as long as it is not sold for that purpose.

His cop friends arrive and begin to insult and harass us while he looks up the chemicals in his car on the computer. He is not able to read the labeling and calls me to the car to help him. I assist him reading the labels when i notice he is using wikipedia to look up the legality of the chemicals. Some of the articles are unclear as to whether they are illegal and he had absolutely no understanding of the analogue act as he had just heard about that law for the first time that night from wikipedia and spent about 10 seconds reading and understanding it. Nor did he have any way to prove that we ingested these chemicals, but decides to confiscate them and arrest me anyway.

I was charged with possession of 7 controlled substances listed as unidentifiable white powders. I was not charged with possession of the mdpv or the spice since it was clear that they were legal from the wikipedia article but they were taken anyway. Anyone have any advice as to what legal standpoint i should take? I was thinking about going with lack of probable cause to search me.

The charge of possession of 7 controlled substances propably wont hold up once they determine what they are. But most of those drugs are not legal, they are just not on the list of scheduled substances. You will most likely end up being charged with posession of analogs of controlled substances (2C-B, Psilacin ect.). I remember reading about somebody who got fucked for possessing 2ce.

I Lol'd at the cop using wiki to determine the legal status of the drugs. :D

I assume all the RC's were in capsules right? If so I believe you could be facing some jail time.... even if they were in bags labeled carrying them around could have you in trouble. I am not sure how exactly they would try the case against you. Or exactly how much evidence they would need to be successful, so definitely consult with a lawyer immediately.

Was this listed as misdemeanor or felony?

Get a lawyer ASAP. I can't say what you're looking at exactly but IME I've been pretty lucky with the police and RC's. And considering that you don't have an arrest record you'll probably make out OK....my guess would be probation. (but it could go worse if they are felony charges). My guess would be that the cost of prosecuting you really isn't worth it, so they may try to get you to plea to something less serious. I mean you can't really snitch, you weren't dealing....they can't really get anything out of it.

But definitely get a lawyer. I had some legal issues a few years ago and by getting a lawyer I avoided snitching and avoided all charges....and I was looking at multiple felonies (or snitching on 3 people which wasn't gonna happen). Best $200 I ever spent.

IMHO the good thing about getting busted with RC's is that they don't have much of a stigma around them.

well if you're in America and you didn't consent to being searched, and weren't read your rights, and you were found to have not be smoking weed (throwing out his "reasonable suspicion") I would be surprised if you could get off for most or all of it with an attorney

Thanks for the quick responses. I just got ahold of a lawyer recommended by a friend and he says he might be able to get me off on the fact the cop had no probable cause to search me as i have no prior criminal record and was not doing anything wrong before being searched. If not he says that most likely i'll get hit with a serious fine and some probation. I guess its all good as long as i dont have to serve any time. Thanks for the support.

I had to explain to a cop once what salvia was. He didn't arrest me, just took it. Definately get a lawyer, but you should be fine. Analog laws are federal, and you are probably charged in state court. Likely it will be dismissed as the feds are probably not interested in picking up a case involving such small amounts. Good luck and be more fucking careful, don't fuck RC's up for the rest of us.

Those are all research chems, all ones that do not currently have a certain way they are supposed to be treated in the courts. If they pursue it, they may have grounds to say you are going to consume them and you will have to read carefully what their arguement is on that. Whatever you said to law enforcement may hurt you. Alot of those will have to be dropped from the case anyhow. If the matter continues, get a good lawyer, and do your homework as well because more than likely you will know more, and you may have to inspect their work as well when handling something like this.

I dont understand how you can be charged with possesion of an unidentified drug.... a lawyer should be able to get those charges dropped easy.

I got out of a 2cb possesion by acting the fool and getting a good lawyer.

i got into a very similar crunch a while ago.

it was bullshit and the cops arresting were so idiotic that it felt like a b movie or something. not good vibes getting arrested while tripping, im sorry for you. ~

get a lawyer if you have the financial ability, that will help. different areas have different law interpretations...

wikipedia lol oh well they claim my .2 g of nndmt was methamphetamine so they do just make shit up for small powders in some places ... no chance that it tested for that, completely different structure and all

good luck i hope all goes well, they had no right to search you in the first place...

i got into a very similar crunch a while ago.

it was bullshit and the cops arresting were so idiotic that it felt like a b movie or something. not good vibes getting arrested while tripping, im sorry for you. ~

get a lawyer if you have the financial ability, that will help. different areas have different law interpretations...

wikipedia lol oh well they claim my .2 g of nndmt was methamphetamine so they do just make shit up for small powders in some places ... no chance that it tested for that, completely different structure and all

good luck i hope all goes well, they had no right to search you in the first place...

How did that go for you with the DMT in the end?

Lawyer up, echoed.

I have personal experience with this situation.

The drug testing lab could not identify any of the RC's as controlled substances (i.e. lab results = NCCS) and I was never charged for those specific substances.

Doesn't seem like they have probable cause, either. The weak part about your side of the story, however, is that you did give him the bag to search. Though it seems like it was under threat of arrest, I also have (unfortunate) experience losing in court to cops without probable cause to search/extenuating circumstances...

I'd get a lawyer, ASAP, though.