• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Arms tingling and fingers tensed

Bloby

Bluelighter
I had an amazing Thursday night, one of my best rolls so far :) also the most MDMA I've done in one night.

But this evening on the bus I had a pretty unpleasant experience, I suddenly felt really really hungry (I'd hardly eaten anything the past two days) then felt kinda like I was going to be sick.

Then the really weird/scary thing happened, my arms started tingling pretty badly and my fingers got really tensed up, I physically couldn't bend them and they had gone kind of crooked. This lasted for about 10/15 minutes then started to fade. Afterward a felt pretty worn out but otherwise OK.

Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen before? I'm not certain this was related to MD but it seems likely as it happened two days later.

I have seen these sort of symptoms in people who roll for long periods of time without taking in adequate nutrition. It's hard to say which particular vitamin or electrolyte deficiency can cause this as many deficiencies can cause tetany (involuntary contractures) of the fingers, but in an otherwise healthy adult my first guess would be an acute deficiency of magnesium which can be caused by a decreased intake of water, excess sweating, and excess salt intake. Hypomagnesemia can cause tingling in your skin as well as muscle rigidity and tightness.

MDMA itself is unknown to cause tetany, but the state of acute nutritional deficiency that your body may suffer during and after a roll certainly can. More importantly, it is these nutritional deficiencies that are the greatest danger to people who roll, and not the MDMA. As you know, nutritional deficiencies can kill you (particularly hyponatremia from drinking too much water).

These deficiencies can manifest themselves days after your roll if you do not correct them. They can be extremely dangerous. Fortunately, avoiding these problems is ver, very easy. Make sure you take a multivitamin before and after your roll. This is not just pop-science and rave-culture talk of old wives' tale ways of making rolls better. It makes a real difference. Also, drink only the water that you have lost. Better than water are electrolyte replacement drinks such as Gatorade. By taking vitamins, eating a well balanced meal the day of and after the roll, and replacing water and electrolytes that you have lost, you can virtually eliminate all acute risks of MDMA.

Please be careful.

Meth makes my pinky and ring fingers on both hands tingly. Sometimes they tense up. It's worse on my feet though. That actually hurts. Maybe the MDMA had more amph than you are used to?

I have seen these sort of symptoms in people who roll for long periods of time without taking in adequate nutrition. It's hard to say which particular vitamin or electrolyte deficiency can cause this as many deficiencies can cause tetany (involuntary contractures) of the fingers, but in an otherwise healthy adult my first guess would be an acute deficiency of magnesium which can be caused by a decreased intake of water, excess sweating, and excess salt intake. Hypomagnesemia can cause tingling in your skin as well as muscle rigidity and tightness.

MDMA itself is unknown to cause tetany, but the state of acute nutritional deficiency that your body may suffer during and after a roll certainly can. More importantly, it is these nutritional deficiencies that are the greatest danger to people who roll, and not the MDMA. As you know, nutritional deficiencies can kill you (particularly hyponatremia from drinking too much water).

These deficiencies can manifest themselves days after your roll if you do not correct them. They can be extremely dangerous. Fortunately, avoiding these problems is ver, very easy. Make sure you take a multivitamin before and after your roll. This is not just pop-science and rave-culture talk of old wives' tale ways of making rolls better. It makes a real difference. Also, drink only the water that you have lost. Better than water are electrolyte replacement drinks such as Gatorade. By taking vitamins, eating a well balanced meal the day of and after the roll, and replacing water and electrolytes that you have lost, you can virtually eliminate all acute risks of MDMA.

Please be careful.

Thanks, that's some really helpful information :) I need to start eating more healthily as it is, so this is a nice lil sign ;)

Guna have some magnesium (I gurn like no other) and sports drinks for next time.

And I don't think it was cut with meth or any other amphs, nice clean md high and was sleeping about 7 hours later :)

sounds like some dehydration/low blood sugar to me man. Just try to listen to your body more closely in the future :)

Similar thing happened to me at a music festival. A day earlier I had done some M, the following day I smoked some weed and suddenly my hands started tingling, turned into painful claw shapes, and then I fainted. I was definitely dehydrated and malnourished (at a festival) , but I don't know for sure what the cause was.

I'm not convinced M is the cause, although maybe it was a contributing factor. The hands thing has also happened to me twice previously, but just from smoking weed without any recent M use.

I saw a doctor about it. Doctor said that it could have been a panic attack from the weed combined with dehydration. I'm still concerned that it's maybe some type of nerve damage. I'll be seeing a neurologist in a few months and will update this thread if I learn anything new.

OP, do you have any update on the condition?

This all very well can be a standard panic attack, trust me when I tell you guys that the weirdest shit happens and you really go thru some even painful symptoms...