• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Are we all living in a matrix?

This is the third thread in P&S on the subject in the last couple months, but its not surprising since it has seemingly jumped front and center in the alt-consciousness circles, Silicon Valley (which we know now is actually throwing money into researching it) and all over the media like in new TV shows such as Westworld.

That's where the trick is; you believe they are "throwing money into researching it" when they are actually throwing money into marketing a fantasy that doesn't even exist, which leads people to subconsciously start wondering "is this even real?", which of course leads to questioning whether our entire reality is just a simulation.

If I told you that a news story you just saw about a murder in your neighbourhood was actually stealth marketing for a product being sold by a company profiting off crime, would you find it easy to believe me? The trick is working because it's so fucking outrageous that the reality actually sounds like a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. Only insiders can see the trick because industry news sources talk about the reality in contrast to the mass media, which is just trying to convince you of a fantasy they themselves are reading from a script.

We are living in a Matrix but it isn't some AI fantasy where we get to eat chicken-flavoured porrige and fight for the future of humanity alongside Tom Cruise and The Rock. It's a fantasy created for us by corporations that want to lock us all into their profit model so they can continue to extract $x out of each of us from now until eternity.

That's where the trick is; you believe they are "throwing money into researching it" when they are actually throwing money into marketing a fantasy that doesn't even exist, which leads people to subconsciously start wondering "is this even real?", which of course leads to questioning whether our entire reality is just a simulation.

If I told you that a news story you just saw about a murder in your neighbourhood was actually stealth marketing for a product being sold by a company profiting off crime, would you find it easy to believe me? The trick is working because it's so fucking outrageous that the reality actually sounds like a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. Only insiders can see the trick because industry news sources talk about the reality in contrast to the mass media, which is just trying to convince you of a fantasy they themselves are reading from a script.

We are living in a Matrix but it isn't some AI fantasy where we get to eat chicken-flavoured porrige and fight for the future of humanity alongside Tom Cruise and The Rock. It's a fantasy created for us by corporations that want to lock us all into their profit model so they can continue to extract $x out of each of us from now until eternity.

Mate you hit the nail with the hammer on this

Keeping us blind to the actual gong ons in the world and their propganda subliminal controlling of the media allied to their corporate emissaries who are designing the very fabric of the future where world governance is the ultimate mission where no nation or radical ideology will pose a threat.

We are sheep and their consumerist driven individualist driven model for a citizen works to their favour. I prefer to be a facefuck troll and drink my coca cola playin call of duty infinite while using snapchat on my iphone.

I really like how you've stated it thujone and think you are basically saying the same thing. i would argue that the scenario you describe is precisely a manifestation of the so-called matrix in sociological terms. One of of the surprising symmetries one finds when considering the systems that constitute our reality (be they physical, biological, societal, (computational?), spiritual, etc) is the notion of the holographic principle. Sometimes stated "as above so below." While the movie version was clearly fiction, it contains ideas that seem pretty damn relevant and eye opening to me.

Ultimately, the matrix should manifest itself in all aspect of perceived reality under the control of the matrix. It is those rare glimpses humans sometimes get of a reality beyond the matrix and the perception of symmetries and patterns across different aspects of reality while inside it that lead me to agree with vortech. The movie simply provides a compelling metaphor though I think sometimes the negatively charged connotation isn't helpful. Calling it a prison is disempowering. I like to see it as a cutting edge simulation we have voluntarily agreed to participate in, one that in many respect went astray and which we are actually waking up to. The discomfort we all feel at this is to be expected. Ultimately, i subdscribe to the idea that we perceive reality in symbolic terms. ultimately, whether it's AI or corporations the distinction may not be as relevant as it appears. The pattern is persistent.

i smoked DMT one time and saw the structures that house humans in the matrix... it was insane.

I'm unsure if it's yours but there was a very deep sounding salvia or DMT (possibly both) trip on erowid which documented a very similar experience. I'll try and find a link.