View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are these mushrooms safe to consume? & Mushroom trip advice

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
This is a 3.7 gram B+ cubensis mushroom, and there's a little white, stuff, on the top of the cap. Is this any cause for concern? Does this mushroom look edible? I got this from an experienced mushroom grower and distributor, but I don't want to ingest a toxic substance.

NSFW:
4v6YE1q.jpg

Also, I have never tripped on mushrooms before, how do mushrooms taste, what are the visuals like compared to LSD, or NBOMes, and how long is the duration of the high. I've read the erowid on this and I've read trip reports, but any more information would be helpful!

Cant answer the first part. Im not sure but I think white tops on mushies generally mean death cap where im from atleast. But as for the trip it is to me atleast almost uncomparable to LSD. The visuals are good especially oev's a little less colourful and intense than LSD. I found mushies to be more "In the head" where as LSD is a lot more visual. Mushies don't give you as much energy as LSD but offer much MUCH more introspection and self query so to speak. Each to there own though I personally prefer LSD over shrooms but theyre both great.

Oh and they taste like mushrooms man, no real difference, maybe slightly if any. I remember watching a good friend try and eat a couple grams... she loves tripping on them but cant stand the taste...

Wow that's a fine looking mushroom. I couldn't tell you about the white stuff but that's a shroom I'd consume.

Now THAT is a mushroom grown for profit! Yikes. Most of the psilocin/psilocybin/etc are produced early on, before the cap breaks.....that cap looks fully expanded! Perfectly safe to eat, but gonna be weaker by weight than a nice closed cap fungus...eating the pubescent primordia is exquisite IMO. Almost a different animal entirely...

Now THAT is a mushroom grown for profit! Yikes. Most of the psilocin/psilocybin/etc are produced early on, before the cap breaks.....that cap looks fully expanded! Perfectly safe to eat, but gonna be weaker by weight than a nice closed cap fungus...eating the pubescent primordia is exquisite IMO. Almost a different animal entirely...
Indeed, love em before the veil breaks. Once it breaks, hello nasty tasting spores lol.

OP, the white stuff you're referring to looks to ME, like it's just the cap splitting from drying, not like a contaminant. Mushrooms rarely get contaminated after they start growing IME, and if it is an experienced grower who sold it to you, then he probably dried it to a crisp, leaving nothing for bacteria etc. to feed upon. It's even sealed up in a vacuum sealed bag it looks like. Looks good to me man.

Indeed, love em before the veil breaks. Once it breaks, hello nasty tasting spores lol.

OP, the white stuff you're referring to looks to ME, like it's just the cap splitting from drying, not like a contaminant. Mushrooms rarely get contaminated after they start growing IME, and if it is an experienced grower who sold it to you, then he probably dried it to a crisp, leaving nothing for bacteria etc. to feed upon. It's even sealed up in a vacuum sealed bag it looks like. Looks good to me man.

It was actually double vaccum sealed, and the cap is still a little squishy, does that mean it's not fully dried?

It was actually double vaccum sealed, and the cap is still a little squishy, does that mean it's not fully dried?

If fully dry (crispy cracker) they should audibly 'snap'. Mine go in a food dehydrator at 95F for ~20 hours, perhaps flipping them over once and shifting the trays. That mushroom looks perfectly okay to me. Coloration will vary a bit. I would be happy to have grown it and happier to eat it. This is a crispy dry couple of caps....

ZzKG7Oa.jpg

There is no 'give' to these.

I've kept stats on everything I've grown. 9% or less of wet weight for absolute dryness in my opinion. When starting out I've had to return some mushrooms to more completely dry.

Tom

Last edited:
That's fungus!

Not the white stuff, the whole thing :D hehe.

Nice mushroom, I almost wouldn't want to eat it, but rather frame it and hang it on a wall xD

I can't comment on your mushroom, but I can give you some information on the shroom trip in comparison to LSD. Psilocybin mushrooms are considerably shorter in duration compared to that of LSD. Mushrooms last 4-6 hours with a rather quick comedown while LSD can last 8+ hours with a long and dragged out comedown. I find mushrooms to have more OEVs than LSD, and I also find that it's not as "in the head" as LSD. I feel myself more spaced out and empty minded, but that's not to say that I don't get any insights. With LSD it feels like I go through a mental maze to discover something while mushrooms feel like a light bulb moment. I also find mushrooms to be more volatile in terms of emotions as in you can go from happy to anxious really quickly (and vice-versa) and it seems more easily influenced by external stimuli, while your emotions on LSD feel more resilient and more in your control. The body load on mushrooms is a lot heavier feeling almost like gravity has gotten stronger and you feel more fluid-like compared to the LSD body load which feels more edgy, energetic, and physically draining. This is what I experience, but hopefully it gave you some insight on what to expect.