• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Are there certain chemicals/drugs/whatever that might increase how visual an experience is?

moonyham

Bluelighter
I always wonder whether there are certain ways to increase the visual aspect of tripping.

Whether this may be a mineral or vitamin, a pharmaceutical drug, a herb or whatever - I feel there is must be something.

Personally I had one weird experience. One of my earlier mushroom trips. The mushrooms were very fucked up and bruised and mushy almost. Looked nasty. We boiled them and the water turned and more importantly *stayed* blue. We mixed in a product called raro drink mix, lime flavor. Ingredients: Sugar, Acidity Regulator (330), Dextrose, Flavours, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Vegetable Gum (466), Anticaking Agent (341), Colours (102, 142).

I can't recall if we mixed in the powder half way through the 20minute rolling boil or at the end.

Anyway that trip was more visual than anything I've ever done, even far larger doses using lemon juice as a concentrator. On that blue juie/lime juice trip, things were different and have never been like that again. Trees spawning out of the ground, faces turning into skeletons. The only trip that was almost cartoonish in how the visuals happened. Grass grew faces and danced, palm trees would sway and grow new leaves. Things that weren't there, I could see. Other trips, and I've done many, seem to only enhance or distort things, not completely invent new things, if that makes sense.

Anyway I've always wondered why the tea didn't turn clear/brownish like it has every other time I've steeped or boiled mushrooms into tea. I'll get blue water but only for a very short time. Those mushrooms were also strange and very fucked like I said. Maybe it was them. Maybe it was both. All I know is even using lime raro I have not been able to recreate the weird and amazing visuals that I once did. I also had a very clear headspace too despite the visuals - could function pretty normally, which again if I go high dosage now things get hard and not the same visuals.

Anyway I'd love to hear. Did my brain just have a bunch of xyz in it that is depleted? Was it the shrooms, they were extra magic? I got great visuals on acid but again, not stuff that isn't there.

Pregnenolone has a phenomenol effect on both visuals and decreasing anxiety and physical come-ups on LSD.

And I don't want to blow its trumpet - all I suggest is for anyone into LSD, try taking pregnenolone for a few weeks too

Last edited:
I find that when I pay more attention to how my body feels, then my eyes kinda get jealous,
the more I put my mind into how my feet, legs and hips feel - and the more relaxed my body becomes, the more the visual part sort of coalesces around me..
no yearning at all, no drug juggling, it just comes like the waves at the sea.

Pregnenolone has a phenomenol effect on both visuals and decreasing anxiety and physical come-ups on LSD.

And I don't want to blow its trumpet - all I suggest is for anyone into LSD, try taking pregnenolone for a few weeks too

Do you think it would work acutely though? For someone that doesn’t want to mess with their hormones.. I’ve started playing with DHEA and MDMA/LSD but jury is still out.

-GC

Do you think it would work acutely though? For someone that doesn’t want to mess with their hormones.. I’ve started playing with DHEA and MDMA/LSD but jury is still out.

-GC
Playing with DHEA how? I’m currently taking DHEA for fertility reasons, had no idea there were any other purposes to it

Playing with DHEA how? I’m currently taking DHEA for fertility reasons, had no idea there were any other purposes to it

DHEA is a pro hormone used by men and women. It has different activity depending on gender, but overall the body utilizes DHEA and Pregnenolone for many different processes.

There’s research that shows DHEA levels correlate with the positive effects of MDMA. I’ve only tried it once but definitely had a good time when I did. I need to try higher doses.

Others have tried on here with positive effects.

-GC

IME:
1) Weed boosts visuals making them more vivid and harder to differentiate from reality. (at least with psychs)
2) Being in a chaotic environment during your come up (EG: being in public, at parties, etc.)
3) Smoking DMT (sort of obvious, but worth mentioning for just how pretty it makes my visuals )
All these factors consistently enhance my visuals, but people's brains are different.

Grapefruits and mangoes. Even if they don’t actually help and it’s all placebo, they taste amazing under the influence of psychedelics.

Cannabis surely increase visuals, but also multiplies the probability of bad trip and anxiety. So if you are not a heavy cannabis smoker, I wouldnt mix it al all at least in you initial psychedelic takes

Get into chaotic/public exposure is also such a bad idea while under the effects. You probably want the exact opposite.

You can get more visuals probably in low light ambiances but its quite a dose/susbtance and luck question. There´s a point where you understand that visuals are mostly a distraction and the purely that you pursue is deepness meaning and insigh. Those are the features of a good quality trip