• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Biology Are There Any Examples of Sexual Dimorphism Resulting in the Male Being Much Larger Than the Female?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I know in humans, males are generally a little larger than females, but I've only ever heard of sexual dimorphism resulting in much larger females in animals. Is the reverse ever true?

nature.com says: "The most dimorphic species was the northern elephant seal (Mirounga angustirostris), where males had a mean mass 3.2 times that of females."

alasdair

I remember reading somewhere that the first homo sapiens, the females were half the size of males. why they caught up evolutionarily I'm not sure.

I remember reading somewhere that the first homo sapiens, the females were half the size of males. why they caught up evolutionarily I'm not sure.

I wonder if the male peen was (proportionally to the males body) also half the size it is now and they got bigger to compensate for females getting bigger, or if if early homosapien females were just some lucky ladies lol ;)

^kidding, of course, not all women like 'em big. Most women like 'em smaller. Like the average 5 inches is too big for most women. Even 4 inches is a bit much, Women think 3 inches is the perfect size. Right, ladies? Right? RIGHT?!?!?!

All those hugh land dwelling, sea mammals, like elephant seals, I think and also hippos. That elephant seal or whatever, there is a great video, on YouTube somewhere of one attacking a car in South Africa, I think, not 100%.
Wish I wasn't such a tech moron or I would post it. Yep 15 feet long, 4500 lbs or around 5 meters and 2 metric tons+, his name is Homer, seriously, he likes to beat up vehicles, LMAO. I don't even know what I would shoot him with if he went after my car. I think their aggressive because of feelings of genital inadequacy, LMAO.

Last edited:
I wonder if the male peen was (proportionally to the males body) also half the size it is now and they got bigger to compensate for females getting bigger, or if if early homosapien females were just some lucky ladies lol ;)

^kidding, of course, not all women like 'em big. Most women like 'em smaller. Like the average 5 inches is too big for most women. Even 4 inches is a bit much, Women think 3 inches is the perfect size. Right, ladies? Right? RIGHT?!?!?!

The sexual organs of primates run the gamut, from small (gorillas) to enormous (chimpanzees) schlongs

And yeah the earliest proto-humans/hominids exhibited much more sexually dimorphism than what’s present in modern humans.

For example

Usually less sexually dimorphism corresponds with a more egalitarian arrangement regarding raising offspring, with more male involvement in that aspect