• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are the original neurotransmitters rendered useless after drug tolerance develops

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvenaSativa

Bluelighter
For instance I've got a high nicotine, caffeine, and THC tolerance. Are the original neurotransmitters that the chemicals act in place of rendered useless causing me to feel worse?

I am not positive, but I think the receptors can recover. I know with meth there can be a point of permanent damage. Caffeine? THC? NICOTINE? Nah. After detox you'd be back.

Please bear in mind that the experience of using drugs is highly subjective. Tolerance goes down, but this cigarette will never be your first cigarette. Your first shot of dope is never going to be like today's shot. C'est la vie.

It's nothing personal guys, but I'm closing this thread, as an answer that could actually be counted upon is not possible and we seem to be experiencing a proliferation of similar threads at the moment.

All we know, is that tolerance generally reduces with time, but that their are perhaps separate tolerances within the subconcsious mind that never let you fully return to that first moment. We do not understand the brain and body the way people think we do. A lot of it is straight guessing and inferring.

If we had a true understanding of the mind and body, we would have drugs that make us feel great all the time, that would make us productive at work, love ourselves and those around us, with no ill effects and no withdrawal. We are still essentially working with the same plant material that Neanderthals probably fucked around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.