PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are the mods here Psychedelic Fascists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetanoiaMan

Bluelighter
it is a fact that DMT breaks down into psilocin to pass the blood brain barrier. For the people who call that "pseudoscience," read Ralph Metzler's book on Ayahuasca. Body does not metabolize DMT it breaks it down into psilocin? I know that Australia has a rabid anti intellectual bent, but this is a fact. It's amazing that people here are disputing this. I'm a big fan of psilocin in any way that it is delivered. But the constant talk about DMT, however it is ingested as a unique experience in the Psychedelic cannon is nonsense. Sorry to rain on the parade. Maybe this isn't the place for informed dialogue..

Errrr meh gerddd, psychederlic ferscistssss!!!! Keeping the 'Metanoia' Man down as always! Fight the system!

8o

Quick google search got me nothing, but you sure are fired up about it seems like. I would bet that even someone well versed in DMT and it's analogs would be hard pressed to tell the difference between psilocin and DMT. However the MAOI used in ayahuasca allowing DMT to bypass digestion is itself inherently psychoactive, so saying that ayahuasca is the same as shrooms is pushing it. Even syrian rue combo with mushrooms completely changes the game imo.
So maybe DMT is metabolized into psilocin, not like we could tell much of a difference subjectively, its just a cool idea.

Although dmt felt like a 10 min Shroom trip on steroids I do think it's active on its own and does not break down into psilocin, never tried aya though.

lol.

Google a pic of psilocin and dmt.

DMT is not metabolized into psilocin, if it was you would trip for much longer than 5 minutes.

Also, there would have to be an enzymatic process to add a hydroxy at the 4 position, which there isn't in the body.

DMT pharmacology and metabolism is well known and studied, the claim that dmt metabolizes into psilocin counters all the research that has been done over the years and is in fact, bullshit.

You are wrong, everyone else is right. This is the fact in the conversation.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/dta.1685/abstract

it is a fact that DMT breaks down into psilocin to pass the blood brain barrier. For the people who call that "pseudoscience,".

Why would DMT need to break down to cross the BBB? Surely Psilocin (4 hydroxy DMT) would need to break down first?

If you have a reference to what your talking about could you please link it, I would be interested to read these facts. If you check the DMT Chemistry site and then the process of how psiocin is suspected to cross the BBB it would suggest that your references are incorrect.

It's a fact that egotistical insanity breaks down into idiocy.... Maybe that's why some people make threads....:sus:

it is a fact that DMT breaks down into psilocin to pass the blood brain barrier. For the people who call that "pseudoscience," read Ralph Metzler's book on Ayahuasca. Body does not metabolize DMT it breaks it down into psilocin?

Give us the metabolic pathways DMT follows in order to become 4-HO-DMT, and then go on to explain the extreme differences in their durations and exactly how Psilocin's effects last SIGNIFICANTLY longer than DMT even though as you allege they're the exact same compound once they pass the BBB.

You'd have more grounds insisting Psilocin is a direct pro-drug for DMT (Psilocybin > Psilocin > DMT).

I know that Australia has a rabid anti intellectual bent, but this is a fact.

As the only person (I'm aware of) advertising their location as Australia and to dispute your rampant BS here, I'd like to point out that I do not represent Australia, or all the Australians on this board....however I'm not the only one to call you out on your "facts".

Sorry to rain on the parade. Maybe this isn't the place for informed dialogue..

Bluelight is most certainly the place for informed dialogue; what you're presenting is far from informed, and the way in which you're presenting it is very unproductive and unnecessarily condescending.

I'm a self-proclaimed psychedelic anarcho-commie Australian 'intellectual' if that helps any.
You should probably stop misquoting Metzner, or at least spell his name right if you want to be taken seriously.

Dave's not here, man

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Please cease spreading misinformation:

DMT readily crosses the blood brain barrier already, and there is no enzyme present in humans that would 4-hydroxylize it. In fact, ring hydroxylation would make DMT more polar, and thus less able to cross the BBB.
You have already gone through this issue elsewhere, and it's rather juvenile to start threads with the partial purpose of goading the mods. I'll go ahead and close this.

ebola

Status
Not open for further replies.