• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Are SMALL increases in doses still noticeable/helpful?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I've needed my Gabapentin increased for a while and I finally got a phone appointment with my doctor today.
I was on 1800mg/day (600mg 3 x day). I was low-key hoping for 3600mg since my last increase was a double (from 900mg/day to 1800mg/day) but was aware that that was unrealistic.
She told me she'd increase my dosage by 300 and I was like okay, 2700mg is a decent increase, I'm happy with that...but she meant an increase of 300mg per DAY, not per dose.
Don't get me wrong, it's better than the nothing I expected, but am I really gonna feel any benefit in going from 1800mg a day to 2100mg a day?

There are other people here who know more about gabagoo but doesn't your body only metabolize the first 100 mg or so?

There are other people here who know more about gabagoo but doesn't your body only metabolize the first 100 mg or so?
That sounds like bro science

Anyways, 3600mg gabapentin is for nerve pain, not anxiety or other mental issues, which is the reason he's asking for an increase

That sounds like bro science

Anyways, 3600mg gabapentin is for nerve pain, not anxiety or other mental issues, which is the reason he's asking for an increase

Yes, I have severe diabetic nerve pain in my legs. It DOES work wonders for my anxiety, too, but I take it for the pain.

yeah i think you’ll notice the upped dose. if you haven’t read the staggering guide about eating a fatty meal, naproxen, & soda thing + spacing 300mg doses out 30m apart, id check it out. may get you more out of your medication. just is a pain because you have to wait a few hours for desired effects.

cheers

No, the b/a just decreases over 300mg...that's why I take 300mg 6 times a day (7 now) instead of 700mg 3 times a day.
Very good. Is it true though that the first 100 mg is absorbed more readily than the second and third and it's probably better to space even smaller doses out

Thanks CE this is of interest to me because fiori takes gabagoo I think she was prescribed it for some sort of neuropathy but she mainly just takes it at night to mellow out as like a you know adjunct to sleep

Very good. Is it true though that the first 100 mg is absorbed more readily than the second and third and it's probably better to space even smaller doses out

It's more just you only have X amount of the enzyme that absorbs it. The b/a ranges from like 82% if you take 100mg to 48% if you take like 1200mg

(those percentages are just roughly/if I remember correctly, but close enough)

Aren't you on quetiapine? Wouldn't that make diabetes worse?

It won't make diabetes itself worse, but it can definitely increase your blood sugar levels. When I was on 800mg/day it affected my sugar levels a lot but I only take 175mg/day now, sometimes even less so it's fine so long as I monitor my blood sugar levels and take the appropriate amount of insulin when needed.