View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are San pedro cactus cuttings edible?

someguy

Bluelighter
A vendor I trust is sold out of dried plant material and is only offering cuttings. Is this safe to boil down and drink?

thanks!

A vendor I trust is sold out of dried plant material and is only offering cuttings. Is this safe to boil down and drink?

thanks!

I mean that’s how they did it for hundreds/thousands of years so you should be fine ;) I’ve personally never bought or used dried material in all my years unless made by yours truly, its all been fresh.

-GC

Maybe have a look here :

Yes, they are. The first time I took San Pedro, I tried to eat an entire 5lb cutting, unsuccessfully, but it did not make me sick.

I prefer to use fresh cactus. It is a simple procedure - Chop up well. Place in large kettle. Fill with water. Boil at full heat for several hours, adding water when necessary. Bring to room temperature. Strain through cloth. Put cacti juice in large, nonstick pan and reduce until a gummy texture is achieved. Enjoy.

thanks for the replies. no one thinks it could rot a bit in the summer heat while in transport?

thanks for the replies. no one thinks it could rot a bit in the summer heat while in transport?
The cuttings are still alive and will not rot. I have kept cuttings all winter and planted them in the spring, and they start to grow quickly.