• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Are opioid analogs of endorphins, endomorphins, enkephalins, etc, controlled substances in the United States or elsewhere?

opiateconnect369

Greenlighter
I am working on an article for psychonautwiki about a novel opioid, and I'm looking for information on whether any of these substances have been criminalized. In the United States, the Federal Analog Act shouldn't apply, because while they are opioids, they are just analogs of substances we all have in our bodies normally. Thus, I don't think there is a law about them yet? And they don't appear to be classed as controlled substances. They have basically no history of human use yet. Anyone know more about this subject? Anyone have any links to legal DBs which might allow for searching for controlled substances by name, or on a list? I'm a chemistry expert, not a legal one.

In the United States, the Federal Analog Act shouldn't apply, because while they are opioids, they are just analogs of substances we all have in our bodies normally.

For whatever it's worth, there's evidence that DMT is endogenous to the human brain and yet it (and close analogues) are still illegal.

For whatever it's worth, there's evidence that DMT is endogenous to the human brain and yet it (and close analogues) are still illegal.
Is there really evidence?

From Hamilton Morris's 2 year old episode that summarized the research said the only evidence is in rats, from an obscure journal and not reproducible.

Pubchem is a good site for info like this and so is the DEA website

I would bet they are legal, because nobody has made such substances yet in relevant amounts. But I'm not sure, and don't know about the particular law of the United States. In Germany they should be legal, as in Mexico.

I would freakin love to bioassay some endorphin and specially enkephalin analogues.