• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Are heroin impurities dangerous to inject?

alfredosauce

Bluelighter
I've never shot dope. Its always baffled me how people would inject something that's probably been through a dozen plus scumbag's hands to get to the needle. Does the cotton actually filter out the impurities? I feel like the impurities could be anything like cocoa powder, flour, baking soda,vitamins ect. Wouldn't injecting a mix of random shit or a bunch of vitamins be very harmful? Just wondering...Thanks

When it comes to an addiction as strong as an opiate IV addiction... most people could give a fuck what else is in it as long as there is heroin in it too. This is not a good thing mind you and can lead to things like infections which can lead to amputations. I mean that is the unfortunate side effect of being hopelessly addicted to the worlds most addicting type of drug.

Have impurities killed anyone who hasn't missed a shot? Or just bad in general for the body? Pure diamorphin would be harmless to veins from what i've heard? I see addicts with collapsed veins all the time. I'm assuming that's from injecting impurities/bad shooting techniques? Thanks

Yeah the collapsed veins are usually a result of poor technique combined with other factors. Most things people shoot aren't meant to be shot which is rough on the veins. It helps if you rotate injection sites.

A lot of damage is just the act of breaking the skin and into the vein. It is not meant to be constantly breached as it is not built to repain non stop at lightning speed, but only when needed ICE

Also I don't know to many junkies that use a brand new set of hypes for each use of dope. When I was using I've used sets of works that would be bent so bad they'd look like a question mark.

Fuck you sound just like my paranoid best friend ... No dude the reason people burn veins out are these : using the same one over and over you have to switch they're not meant to be re poked where a hole was formed earlier and hasn't healed, they usually use the same needle on average 5-20 times the same one ask anyone here , they never use alcohol swabs after to clean sterilize , no lotion care at night hours after shooting up, and also one big factor I had a friend that him and I started shooting same time same dope same amount no joke for 6 months straight. He lost 6 veins almost had no where other than jugular , me? All of mine still here even after mixing with Coke speed balling and 3 years straight IV cause I also jog and lift to build veins and keep vascular system healthy I also drink tons of water which most junkies don't do which helps your veins stay hydrated and high PH I think that should answer it. My friend thinks I'm dumb for shooting powder blk "cause I'm shooting dirty Mexican fecal matter " he's never been addicted he doesn't know he thinks you have to do China and pure liquid h to have healthy veins, not true if you use old rigs ur addicted and you don't do what I said above even with 100% purest on earth H youll have collapsed veins, welcome.