• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

are dabs always like this?

xibenix

Bluelighter
Yesterday I was with my friends. I don't smoke weed that often, I mostly do prescription drugs like opiates and benzos everyday.

Anyways they asked me to do a dab so I said yes, I don't know how big it was because I'm weed ignorant. But as soon as I hit it I couldn't stop coughing I didn't even clear the whole thing .

I didn't puke but 30 seconds later I felt insanely high. And it was only like 5pm. I was super high and having like a bad trip. A lot of paranoia anxiety and my heart was beating too fast.

Do dabs always hit people this hard? It was fucking scary. I felt like I was od'ing or gonna seize up. I have epilepsy too.

My friends did like 5 dabs each that night and drank too etc. I bought a bunch of booze and couldn't even drink it cause 1 dab and its almost 24 hours later and I still feel like SHIT

No, they're most definitely not always like that.

It was probably a combination of under-purged BHO and your tolerance/too fat of a dab. If you're dabbing a higher quality concentrate like crumble then it probably would have felt a little lighter on you.

Really though it sounds like they gave you a huge dab. I took a .3 dab of decent BHO once and it fucking hurt. Was coughing for a while. I got so high it felt like a mild trip... whenever a dab hits you hard, best thing to do is try to take deep breaths. This helps me stop coughing... and water of course.

your friends are the people who give dabs a bad name, if this is how it went, "hey want a dab? oh youve never had one? here have THIS" and if there is more then a .1 or even a .05 on that tool for your first dab ever, its waay too fucking big. dont fuck around with dabs, especially if they are underpurged and still "tane soup"
that being said, i love dabs, and love when they are well made and purged properly(24hr+ in a vacuum oven), and they do wonders for keeping my bi-polar side level... a dab a day will do ya for medicinal needs :)

everytime I've dabbed or seen someone dab it pretty much happens just like that, minus the getting too high part. Dabs are weed concentrate, usually having thc levels of 40% and up, where as most weed in plant form is 20% and lower. So really if you get some good wax(dabs) and take a fat hit it can be almost like smoking a joint or more in a few seconds. One of the reasons people like dabs is because of how fast it hits you, and ya most time I've seen someone dab or take a dab they sit there and hold there chest and cough for a minute or so afterward. Clean wax hurts less ya, but you are still inhaling dense smoke and thc. It won't feel good, put it that way.

If you have a tolerance dabs don't wreck your mind, but they will still get you very high very quickly. I think a lot of people dab while they party, where I live everyone has vape pens with wax in them and rip on it all night. It is much easier to get too fucked up with when compared to just flower obviously.

BUt ya, sounds like your friends were kind of fucking with you- maybe they thought you'd have a good time, but they gave you way too much. I don't think wax is for novice smokers. I used to hang out with this girl who took adderall all the time and when she would take a dab she would be super stoned for like 10 minutes then end up passing out. Wake up and want another one haha.

This isn't an uncommon reaction for somebody who has a low tolerance and has never dabbed before. It sounds like your friends may have given you too much. The only thing that sounds off here is the fact that you don't feel well after 24 hours. That leads me to believe that the product wasn't adequately purged.

dabs always seemed a bit of where weed has crossed over into hard drug territory, not this friendly "let's Legalize it!" pro-consumer campaign. Like vaping crystal or smoking crystal joints. On one Vice show, some growers says that no matter what (he had a high tolerance) dabs got him high over and over again. That says to me its some heavy shit. When I was a big smoker the first joint I would smoke myself would get me high, then afterwards for the rest of the day I would smoke joints or whatever to keep the buzz going, but you'd never get as "high" as you did when you first smoked that joint. Dabs are next level.

Also, why are people not chill about their weed? When I rolled deep I was the same and loved to get people fucked up, clean people out - people who were obviously really drunk and then smoke them a joint and they'd barf. Hahaha. Loved doing it to drunk girls as well. People loved to smoke me out as well with massive bong hits that had me hard faded. I dunno if weed attracts kind of an asshole culture or if people who smoke hard like to do the weed challenge and see who taps out first. Now I take a puff and I'm good.