• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Apprenticing in psychedelic-assisted therapy as an undergrad

illustratedEXP

Ex-Bluelighter
So my deal is that I'll soon be a graduate. I may work in a retreat center in South America for holistic indigenous medicines to help out (not as a shaman) holding activities on site for possibly a number of months. I may apprentice in psychedelic assisted therapy soon, and I certainly have an opportunity depending on where I live. It would be very interesting to have both experiences, honestly. Additionally, I am extremely blessed to have gotten these opportunities and that I am seen as a natural healer (it's been a rough road). I will graduate soon but I've been fucked over due to PTSD due to crap at my college. The system has never worked for me, so it's come to be pretty pointless for me to continue going to school seeing as I won't get support from professors (recommendations). I understand that many people go to graduate school in order to continue with MAPS' psychedelic assisted therapy but that's not what I'm looking towards. I'll just have a basic college degree given how hard it's been for me in the last couple years. I'm wondering how I can manage, especially since I don't sit on any trust funds or really, any money, ha, and then it'll be difficult to move to the cities I want to be located in, let alone maintain a stable lifestyle like this. Whatever it is, it's the only thing going on for me career wise, actually. Thought it would be fun to share. :) Also curious about others working in psychedelic assisted therapy.