Appealing Infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EveInfraction

Hiya,

I would like to appeal my infraction under several grounds. While it is not acceptable to lash out at other members I feel that the build up of tension due to bullying, antagonism, harrassment, threatening E-mails, n people impersonating me to smear my name, has lead to my losing my cool last night. I am ashamed to have done this however, when you're been put through all that and you try your best to deal with it yet the abuse continues there is only so much a person can deal with before they snap.

I feel that moderators are being forced to infract me due to a few members accusing me of having "special treatment." Also, While I feel that the miderator in question is a good moderator I feel it was unfair for him to infract me as we were both in personal dispute regarding taking a particular substance where I feel extremely strongly one way n the moderator feels extremely strongly another way. I won't go into the details as they're irrelevant. But I feel that due to our heated feelings, for personal reasons, it was unfair for him to infract me.

I was also looking forward to having a birthday thread on Wednesday n now that won't be happening. I feel that I would not have lost my cool last night had my mental being not suffered due to recent events. Receiving threatening E-mails stating where I live, my full name n other personal details; finding out someone(s) has been impersonating me to smear my name n cause me trouble, a group in EADD who, it doesn't matter how exemplary my behaviour is; will not let the past go n keep causing disruption while accusing me of doing so. Ie picking at old scabs until they bleef again.

I was told by a member of staff (shambles) recenu that I reacted extremely well to a fair amount of anuse antagonism - does this not illustrate that I have changed my behaviour in general terms?

So, whilst I accept that it is wrong of me to lose my cool I hope that it can be taken into consideration the events that have built up to this n know that I would not have reacted this way in normal circumstances (the fact one of the members who, I feel has been antagonising me started posting immediatex after I was infracted with the words; "is she banned yet? does this not illustrate there has been people trying to pressuring the EADD mods into infracting / banning me?).

Lastly I am concerned that this thread will attract more attacks on me n so I'd rather not do this punlicly as I feel I won't get a fair hearing due to this, but I feel that if I used to E-mail system it will be ignored as it has done in the past. Is there a way that only staff can please respond to this or that I can have this thread closed n someone get back to me privatey? (I'm worried I'll receive further anuse).

Thank you for taking the the time to read this.

Regards,

Evey

Hiya,

I would like to appeal my infraction under several grounds. While it is not acceptable to lash out at other members I feel that the build up of tension due to bullying, antagonism, harrassment, threatening E-mails, n people impersonating me to smear my name, has lead to my losing my cool last night. I am ashamed to have done this however, when you're been put through all that and you try your best to deal with it yet the abuse continues there is only so much a person can deal with before they snap.

I feel that moderators are being forced to infract me due to a few members accusing me of having "special treatment." Also, While I feel that the miderator in question is a good moderator I feel it was unfair for him to infract me as we were both in personal dispute regarding taking a particular substance where I feel extremely strongly one way n the moderator feels extremely strongly another way. I won't go into the details as they're irrelevant. But I feel that due to our heated feelings, for personal reasons, it was unfair for him to infract me.

I was also looking forward to having a birthday thread on Wednesday n now that won't be happening. I feel that I would not have lost my cool last night had my mental being not suffered due to recent events. Receiving threatening E-mails stating where I live, my full name n other personal details; finding out someone(s) has been impersonating me to smear my name n cause me trouble, a group in EADD who, it doesn't matter how exemplary my behaviour is; will not let the past go n keep causing disruption while accusing me of doing so. Ie picking at old scabs until they bleef again.

I was told by a member of staff (shambles) recenu that I reacted extremely well to a fair amount of anuse antagonism - does this not illustrate that I have changed my behaviour in general terms?

So, whilst I accept that it is wrong of me to lose my cool I hope that it can be taken into consideration the events that have built up to this n know that I would not have reacted this way in normal circumstances (the fact one of the members who, I feel has been antagonising me started posting immediatex after I was infracted with the words; "is she banned yet? does this not illustrate there has been people trying to pressuring the EADD mods into infracting / banning me?).

Lastly I am concerned that this thread will attract more attacks on me n so I'd rather not do this punlicly as I feel I won't get a fair hearing due to this, but I feel that if I used to E-mail system it will be ignored as it has done in the past. Is there a way that only staff can please respond to this or that I can have this thread closed n someone get back to me privatey? (I'm worried I'll receive further anuse).

Thank you for taking the the time to read this.

Regards,

Evey

Hope all goes well, everyone deserves a second chance i have learned in life and maybe you will get yours. good luck bud.

Given the shit storm that was brewing in EADD it would have been better if you had simply removed yourself from the situation until you had calmed down and were thinking rationally.

It is fully understandable why you were upset and frustrated given the circumstances but that does not give you a green card to post abusive comments. There has been a message raised in the staff section so a Smod / Admin can have a look into the issue.

Bear

Evey, I do not know your exact circumstances, but I agree w/ Bearlove as far as removing one's self from a situation. I take infractions seriously, because I'm serious about this site. I applaud seeing a person try to appeal an infraction in a complicated situation. if your serious which is apparent, you will continue to do whatever you can the correct way. Hope your situation works out. Speed King.

evey, i think you're conflating a number of issues here. also, two (or more) wrongs never make a right.

let's focus. telling somebody with alcohol issues to "go have a drink" crosses a line. i think if you put the boot on the other foot, you'd agree.

your post was a clear breach of eadd guidelines rule #2 and will stand. your current temp ban is up in ~1 day 19 hours.

alasdair

I agree that I crossed a line here to be honest because although the person in question was mean to me n provocative, there are many other members with substance misuse issues (includeing my self) who may have been affected by such a comment.

Evey

Ya can't stoop to another persons level, no matter how much the antagonize. That's a mod's job to catch and fix.- Speed King. I just offering support, no judgement. Again, avoidable, but support givin to someone willing to fight. You get a jerk, let them get their posts reviewed. A lot of this is maturity. Still, I support you for trying. Merry Christmas.

I agree that I crossed a line here to be honest because although the person in question was mean to me n provocative, there are many other members with substance misuse issues (includeing my self) who may have been affected by such a comment.

Evey

Ya can't stoop to another persons level, no matter how much the antagonize. That's a mod's job to catch and fix.- Speed King. I just offering support, no judgement. Again, avoidable, but support givin to someone willing to fight. You get a jerk, let them get their posts reviewed. A lot of this is maturity. Still, I support you for trying. Merry Christmas.

Evey, Nick was chatting about things a lot of us (yourself included) have talked openly about. Your reply to him was a cheap shot, it was directed at Nick personally and was bang out of order. It's Christmas day for you - these things do not need to be re-opened, relax and enjoy the dinner with your family :)

Bearlove

Status
Not open for further replies.