• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyway to make an SSRI recreational?

Disocio0

Bluelighter
I have bipolar and I have a box full of ssri, antipsycotics etc. that haven't worked for me. I'm currently on abilify, zoloft and klonopin. The other day I successfully got an opiate high from mixing imodium with an antiacid, grapefruit juice and tonic water. A real opiate high. I was itchy and was nodding off.

My question is there any way to get high off effexor, prozac, or zoloft by mixing it with other substances like I did with imodium. Any advice would be great.

There is no recreational value in SSRI's.

I have found post's that discuss mixing it with certain substances to produce a euphoria, but the cons outweigh the pros.
The con being serotonin syndrome.

My question is there any way to get high off effexor, prozac, or zoloft by mixing it with other substances like I did with imodium.
no, there isn't
I have bipolar and I have a box full of ssri, antipsycotics etc. that haven't worked for me. I'm currently on abilify, zoloft and klonopin. The other day I successfully got an opiate high from mixing imodium with an antiacid, grapefruit juice and tonic water. A real opiate high. I was itchy and was nodding off.
Immodium can be really dangerous in large doses, it has killed people.
You're playing with fire by abusing your presecribed medication, and take them as directed.
Are you seeing a psychiatrist or psychologist? You should really speak to them about this, it is not safe.

Some people have told me that when you drink while on SSRI anti depressants you can get absolutely hammered off of just a few alcoholic drinks. I'm not sure if that's actually true, though, or for what percentage of people that's true, or how long you'd have to be on them before you'd get that effect...

SSRI's aren't recreational because their mechanism of action isn't one that is regarded to produce "recreational" effects, so dose won't change that. High doses could actually make you seize up. If something readily available is a must, use something that's actually recreational with a better safety profile in doses used to produce intoxication, like moderate amounts of alcohol or DXM.

As much as I hate the fact that headshops sell kratom, if you're going to resort to abusing SSRI's and antipsychotics stopping by to pick some overpriced kratom will be a much safer bet if you're looking for a quick buzz, although online is definitely the best route for that. Let's not get desperate and start taking coctails of non-recreational drugs found in the med closet though ;)