View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyway to avoid the emotional after effects of 4-aco-dmt

curiosity

Bluelighter
Alright so I'm asking this particular question because I am in need of some psychedelic guidance but most of my chances to use are the day before work, and it seems that 4-aco-dmt has very emotionally uncomfortable after effects on my like immense depression and anxiety instead of a physical hangover(maybe I was still tripping a bit?)
This was with a very small dose to 2-4mg taken orally so I was wondering if there's a way I can ensure I wouldn't feel it at all the next morning, I already planned on dosing pretty early, 1:30-2 since that's around the time I get the house to myself, will taking a moderate dose of etizolam on the comedown help that? I say moderate instead of heavy since for work I drive a truck and I've found the day after a heavy dose of etizolam I almost feel drunk in a sense, which is really not something I want to be feeling while driving a 20ft cube truck, maybe some pre-load and post load supplements I can take ? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, I'm 23, 155 pounds, not SUPER experienced with psyches but plenty of experience with other substances, and the reason I feel it was more of a hangover then a tripping effect is because I didn't experience either anxiety or depression the day before while under the influence of 4-aco-dmt I actually felt quite relaxed, happy and even productive.

Never felt much in the way of after effects from it but when taken by itself psilacetin generated massive anxiety and depression, or rather it intensified certain symptoms of depression that I was already feeling. The last time I had to resort to taking etizolam to kill the trip.

My advice is if it causes strong negative effects at such a low dose then perhaps you should find a different substance to use.

Thank you for the input but as I mentioned the actual day that I took it, it did the complete Opposite, I was happy for no reason whatsoever and completely relaxed, the negative effects were only the following day but in your experience what is the most forgiving psychedelic you've used? I've heard good things about moxy, 5-meo-mipt?

''in your experience what is the most forgiving psychedelic you've used?''
Mescaline for me, followed by lysergamides and 2-c's.

4-Aco-DMT is pretty intense imo, causing strong CEV's, and generally not my choice of a frequently used substance. If looking for a short powerful "businessman's trip", good 'ol plain DMT is great for that purpose.

Hmm mescaline may be the most 'honest' with you but it can be extremely emotional and can also cause out of body experience type stuff at not too high doses. Lysergamides are very pleasant, comfortable and somewhat reliable for me but they can be very powerful. Compared to psilocin for me there is a much bigger bit of the dosage range where I can trip manageably, but there is certainly a limit to that which I don't get with all psychedelics.
2C-X are certainly not created equally, things like 2C-C or 2C-B tend to be very forgiving for me and they don't work in quite the same way... but other 2C-X like 2C-E or from the sounds of it 2C-P can be more serious and unforgiving. 5-MeO-MiPT is also not so typical, it can be very energetic and empathogenic with more moderate psychedelia, but the energy can be uncomfortable for me. A lot of people like it, but speaking for myself it doesn't seem so foolproof.

There is a thread on the 'gentlest psychedelics' if you follow the PD Index..

@OP: I always found mushrooms to be an emotional rollercoaster, but doses that low I can't even really tell you what expected after-effects should be like. A reduction in depression or anxiety seems more expected, but maybe at a bit higher doses I don't know. So can't begin to answer how to avoid such an after-reaction for you but it is likely how you react to it if it keeps working that way and choosing another psychedelic or dose (dosing higher of course is not risk-free) rather than taking other drugs like benzos afterwards which does not seem like a strategy other than unexpectedly in case of appropriate sorts of emergencies.

Mescaline for me, followed by lysergamides and 2-c's.
4-Aco-DMT is pretty intense imo, causing strong CEV's, and generally not my choice of a frequently used substance. If looking for a short powerful "businessman's trip", good 'ol plain DMT is great for that purpose.

I have LSD and LSA, LSA for me had no visuals but an uncomfortable amount of mind fuck, to the point where I had anxiety without even knowing why I felt anxious

I can no longer find LSD and the tabs I have are a few years old so I really don't know how much of an effect they'd have and all though I've had a difficult experience with them they are quite comfortable at lower doses, would you happen to know if any 2c compounds are legal in Canada? I believe they're not due to the analog act but I'd love to be able to try them again, I've tried time and time again to find a way to get dmt or even a dmt containing plant and failed every time, the closest I've come was yopo snuff which was simply to much powder to fit up my nose, however I did try a small dose and experienced very minimal effects, the only problem with that though is its primarily 5-meo-dmt and not so much N'N-DMT

Hmm mescaline may be the most 'honest' with you but it can be extremely emotional and can also cause out of body experience type stuff at not too high doses. Lysergamides are very pleasant, comfortable and somewhat reliable for me but they can be very powerful. Compared to psilocin for me there is a much bigger bit of the dosage range where I can trip manageably, but there is certainly a limit to that which I don't get with all psychedelics.
2C-X are certainly not created equally, things like 2C-C or 2C-B tend to be very forgiving for me and they don't work in quite the same way... but other 2C-X like 2C-E or from the sounds of it 2C-P can be more serious and unforgiving. 5-MeO-MiPT is also not so typical, it can be very energetic and empathogenic with more moderate psychedelia, but the energy can be uncomfortable for me. A lot of people like it, but speaking for myself it doesn't seem so foolproof.

There is a thread on the 'gentlest psychedelics' if you follow the PD Index..

@OP: I always found mushrooms to be an emotional rollercoaster, but doses that low I can't even really tell you what expected after-effects should be like. A reduction in depression or anxiety seems more expected, but maybe at a bit higher doses I don't know. So can't begin to answer how to avoid such an after-reaction for you but it is likely how you react to it if it keeps working that way and choosing another psychedelic or dose (dosing higher of course is not risk-free) rather than taking other drugs like benzos afterwards which does not seem like a strategy other than unexpectedly in case of appropriate sorts of emergencies.

I appreciate the input and seeing as I am doing this to help work through so emotional issues it's not entirely a bad thing, I just don't want to feel off my rocker while I'm at work the following day, I may order some peyote, I tried it once and even though I vomited most of it up I did enjoy the little bit of it that still hit me so I think that's definitely worth another shot, RC's would definitely be ideal since I don't have to many connections now a days, I may give 5-meo-mipt a try if I have the money laying around any time soon to order a gram, I'd also like to point out that a long time ago when I first used shrooms I had a wonderful experience but ever since then they've been difficult and as I mentioned in the above reply the 2c compounds are illegal here due to the analog act but damn would I love to take another run at them if I could get a hold of some because 6 years ago when I did try one, 2c-b presumably it had no emotions attached to it so it was pretty easy going :)