• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anything Wrong With 50 to 100mg Diphenhydramine Every Night

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
Sometimes, I take 50 to 75 mg of dph and occasionally take 100mg for dream enhancement along with 5mg melatonin. I feel like dph is pretty safe as long as you aren't abusing it for delirium which is fucked up. Did that twice and did datura once. Horrible experiences every time........ so three strikes and using deliriants is out for me. However, is dph in "recommended" doses safe to take nightly for dream enhancement? Or no. I don't do this every night but get on periods of a few months where I do simply for the awesome dreams I sometimes get after taking it. My friend does the same. Is there anything harmful about taking it every night for dream enhancement?

I don't know if there are any long term issues with daily diphenhydramine but i do know that if taken daily it can lead to some nasty withdrawals.

I starting getting a lot of anxiety in the mornings after taking diph every night for a few weeks. I don't really have any evidence to back this up but I'm almost positive they were related.