• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anything to add to my opiate withdrawal list?

imelting74

Greenlighter
I am preparing to detox from a prescribed dose of 40mg per day Percocet. Here is my list of tools I will be using, and would like any input on things I should either add or take away:

Gabapentin
5 HTP
L thyrosine
Clonidine
Immodium
Gatorade
Potassium
Magnesium (Calm brand drink)
Meletonin
Vit C
Vitamin B6
Full spectrum vitamin

The only thing I would add myself is a small dosage of Quetiapine (25-50 mg), but only if the Melatonin isn't enough to help you sleep properly after a while.

I have always used Quetiapine myself to help me sleep when I have stopped taking opiates. I take my dosage of 50 mg one hour before I want to sleep. The first few days you might feel "drowsy" when you wake, but that will stop after a few days.

Good luck :)

Nigella Sativa Seed Oil is super helpful, and tonic water is helpful when it comes to restless legs

Those work. I'd add that your detox list should also contain easy to heat and eat food, water with electrolytes, a fan and washcloths, music, things to distract you and make you as comfortable as possible. Affirmation lists are also helpful to tell yourself you can get through it, it's only temporary, etc.

Normally I like to take all the vitamins 1-2 weeks prior to detoxing, I've noticed that if I try to take the vitamins while in wd, it can actually make my symptoms worse, especially the restless legs. Speaking of restless legs, you might want to add a product called "Hylands restless legs", theyre sublingual tablets and help tremendously.

- Hopeless Soul

Oh I forgot to ask, how long were you prescribed this? And has your doctor discussed tapering down with you?

- Hopeless..

Thank you folks for the great advice I will definitely add most of these to my list. I typed my dosage wrong it is 20mg per day (sometimes alot more) that I am taking and it has been about 12 months of usage. I don't know why but just having you guys giving me suggestions feels so great and is giving me great hope that I can do it. I messaged my doctor today that I want to taper off and be done because my back pain is finally gone from a great stretching method that my wife taught me from her yoga. I would like to update my condition as I go in think doing so will help me stay the course. I've experienced opiate wd many times and know what I'm up against It just cripples me but I can't wait to be clean. Would love any encouragement it gives me the best feeling inside. Well I'm done being gushy will update soon for anyone that is interested.

^ Thats awesome man! Good on you! Yeah just writing about your experience helps, feel free to update us on how youre coming along, most of us around here legit care about our fellow bler's, and will be curious as to how you are doing. If you hit a wall, or feel like the hill is too steep to climb, do not hesitate to come on here to recieve words of encouragement! We're all pulling for you bud!

- Hopeless Soul

]I would skip the immodium because it Can act on opiate receptors and prolong withdrawal ..20mg a day is not that much so don't freak yourself out..the gabapentin and clonidine will help the most

best of luck

Last edited:
Don't forget some dark chocolate. That shit always helps me if I can eat at all.

This right here. No joke it really helps. I'm only like 47 days clean off of Suboxone (go me) but I suppose everyone is different. Much like you, I have a chest full of supplements next to me right now. Most of what you listed actually.

Loperamide HCL is so important
Gabapentin or Neurotin or Lyrica - helps restless legs, and knocks you out. Not known to be addictive but it is prescription only. Lyrica is slightly addictive though.
Magnesium and Potassium CITRATE - Citrate is far more bioavailable and if you take them together it can stop muscle cramps.
DHA and EPA - My Suboxone doctor recommended this and I was skeptical, but I am skeptical no longer. It seems to stabilize mood a bit. Also helps heal the brain faster.

*Benzos - Obviously if you can get these or Clonodine or something like that then that's always a good bet, however, be very careful not to trade addictions. I take Clonazepam and Traizolam but I let trusted friends dole it out to me daily.

I wish you all the best, and just know that you CAN do this,
FordRiverFailed aka SomaComa