• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Anyone with adhd abuse Adderall and resumed safe treatment with Adderall or other

Worst alternatives and side effects

I heard Vyvanse caused psychosis
I need focus and concentration

Anything that cranks up dopamine in the brain can cause psychosis in the long term

Add in some lack of sleep and malnutrition it gets bad fast

If you take it as prescribed and make sure to not neglect the basics you should be fine

Vyvanse is just an amphetamine pro-drug, meaning it takes time for your blood cells (seriously, not your liver) to convert it into amphetamine. The only point is to make it less abusable--you can't get a rush smoking, snorting, slamming or shoving it up your butt. (For some reason there's always a troll who insists it's the best high ever if only you do it upside down under a full moon after summoning the ghost of Dennis Hopper--but you'll never "rush" on Vyvanse.)

But you can still get wired on the stuff--it is still just amphetamine.

And amphetamines/meth in general has a risk of delusions with recreational doses. The trick there is to keep your dosage therapeutic.

But there are other drugs out there for ADD that aren't also popular street drugs. Atomoxetine is still a stimulant, but without the addictive and psychotic dopamine activity, and clonidine is essentially a downer at first, but helps a lot of people focus.

Talk to your doc, etc.

Stop abusing your Adderall or Dexedrine, and if you cannot do this give your medication to someone else to give to you in your prescribed dose.

Cutting back and quitting for a long period of time will also help. Eat some food, take a multi-vitamin, drink water, and get some rest.

Eventually you will have to either cut back and take a break, or stop completely when you run out of pills.

I know people who are addicted to amphetamines and stimulants who do not use them anymore, and they just drink large doses of caffeine in coffee, black tea, soda/energy drinks, or yerba mate instead.

Last edited:
OK, OP, I didn't see your other thread (merged now).

What exactly is your question, then, and what are you on right now? Take your time.