• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anyone using battery powered enail dab rigs

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Something like Dr Dabber Boost, Cloud V Electro or Kandypens Icon, although there's probably others. I have acces to shatter, wax, rosin but never used any of this stuff. I've only used oil twice and budder (?) once. Really don't want to go near a torch again :)

I've seen electric dome less Ti nail setups that cost 700+$ and no way I want to spend that when I'm not sure if I like dabbing.

Are these portable setups any good? Powerful? Easy to operate (dexterity wise)? I've seen them at or below $200 Cdn and am looking for opinions.

Thanks

Tom

i have an errlectric, and will probably get the battery powered one, eventually. They are super expensive tho.

Salutations Thomas Davie,

...don't want to go near a torch again...

There's more than 1 way to use a butane torch, as i found out myself, but i understand it's not matter for debate.

Once butane fire has been eliminated - including all other types of fires with it - euh... Lets hope you'll find a few remaining options that can meet your selection criteria. Which are...

Something like Dr Dabber Boost, Cloud V Electro or Kandypens Icon... ... ...electric dome... ...not sure if I like dabbing. ...portable setups any good? Powerful? Easy to operate (dexterity wise)? ... ...looking for opinions.

Indeed, actually i'd like to read those replies as well! ;)

Does it have to be awfully slow?? How about quick-cycle toking, somewhat reminescent of dabs but yet much more conventional ultimately. I'm thinking of quick vaporizers based on a halogen lamp, for example. Those are still a bit slow by my own standards but the no-fire criteria is met, i ganrantee.

Next there's the determining trade-off which consists in putting portability on one side of the balance: this one can represent some heavy toll to pay, that might obscure the rest and especially if semi-portable will do.

:\

As i recall there's the Venus, 2nd (newer updated) edition i think. That's one example. Then i don't know how versatile it can prove to be with all of the consumption formats mentioned above. It might be interesting to ask, though i don't expect lots of power from its 50 Watts lamp. In addition i don't suppose this heater can stand oily prints on its glass envelope a long while (...), so i wouldn't be surprized if that's not a favourite option with the Venus after all. Then other options would become more appealing, or maybe it's even possible the Venus changed more than i can imagine, etc.

Good day, have fun!!

If you appreciate good taste I don't think they are worth it. All the cups I've used, quartz, ceramic and ti have not tasted good. They are nice if you just want something portable and smaller than a traditional rig.

Getting an enail setup would be a wiser investment imo. I feel like the portable enail was a waste of my money personally. I'd rather use a donut atomizer when out and about for a portable. Those taste nice.

high5 or Auber for a cheap enail
dhgate for a cheap rig
invest wisely in a proper nail not made with cheap chinese ti

The whole setup can be under $300. Those portable are about half the price, but really are a rip off if you ask me.

ThaDudeAbides
Food wise I appreciate good taste. Until I used a vaporizer back in 2009 I didn't know that Cannabis could taste good. I've never had a good experience with using oil/jelly/budder and dabbing. I had a cheap quartz nail and 14 mm attachment that I used on one of my bongs. It proved kludge for me to use with arthritis. I do accept that the battery powered portables might not be the best, but I was looking at the easiest option to 'try'.

Egzoset - the Venus vaporizer looks interesting, and I appreciated the rapid on/off that it seemed to provide. The battery seems good, and the price while steep, isn't unreasonable. I would have to get a replacement globe (plexiglass or acrylic?) and not use the glass because I have 3 dogs and 2 cats.

Thanks

Tom

Hi again Thomas,

The Venus is sort of constant development in progress (since 2012...), i find no official trace of its smaller portable (Apollo?) version on YouTube but i'd expect both Venus devices would be slower than the Herbalizer (built for a "Bo$$" with deep pockets anyway!)... Besides being relatively more affordable i can see 2 "sexy" qualities in the table version: some unusual light show thanks to its globe, on top of a gain in pre-heat time. Unfortunately i'd also be worried using synthetics for that globe as i remember my acrylic "tokeu" turned partly opaque when i tried to keep it clean, in my former smoker life: that was a nightmare in retrospective.

So, if glass cannot be an option than there's still a gain of agility with the heat source in those 2 formats. Lets have some teaser looking at the newer design, just for the fun of it:

If halogen is wanted then perhaps that one may suit you better in a house with multiple domestic animals, i figure...

Hummm... M'well i'm sorry having to observe this (2 minutes lapse) ain't the type of portable speed i had in mind, now i begin to wonder again.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited: