• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone uses l theanine

zagor

Bluelighter
I bought it long time ago, took on2 250 mg pill and discarded it. But a few days ago I took a gram and it completely relaxed me. Kinda like benzo without the buzz. Anyone uses it?

I use it occasionally. I don't notice much of an effect most of the time but I usually only take one pill (200-300mg.)

I bought it long time ago, took on2 250 mg pill and discarded it. But a few days ago I took a gram and it completely relaxed me. Kinda like benzo without the buzz. Anyone uses it?
I used it daily a couple of years ago. It helped relax me and helped me sleep while I was quitting pharmaceutical drugs. It's a handy little supplement to keep in the cupboard.

I used a few grams of it daily for a few month, it suddenly turned on me, made me anxious and weirdly restlessness one night when combined with a bunch of alcohol. Ever since then its made me feel weird.

It appears to be a low efficacy partial NMDA agonist/weak NMDA antagonist of sorts, it once snapped me out of an unpleasantly intense 2fdck experience. I figured 1.5g of l-theanine might counteract it, and it did, within 20 minutes (sublingually).

In any event high doses of l-theanine does strange things, pro-glutaminergic perhaps. Unpleasant. Makes sense. L-theanine has an umami like taste of glumate (like MSG), massive amounts may act as an NMDA agonist, which is not fun.

Like many naturally occurung compounds, very high doses do the opposite of low doses. My daily giant doses of l-theanine sort of ruined it for me.

I like to mix it with GABA and kava kava extract. That was my legal and OTC stack for awhile while I was living in a recovery house. It was expensive to buy all three, and kinda mild but at least it wouldn't make me fail a drug test.