European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Anyone tried Oxytocin?

Ismene2

Bluelighter
The feel-good hormone or something - £30 for a 10ml spray tho.

You get oxytocin from kissing and hugging, sexing and other forms of physical affection right? I wouldn't have thought there'd be a chemical replacement for the real thing (or that ingesting oxytocin would work) but please let us know how you get on if you try it.
Are you single Issy, if you don't mind me asking. You're a funny bloke, i wouldn't have thought you'd have much trouble getting some oxytocin naturally.

I'm not familiar with the pharmacology of oxytocin, but these endogenous chemicals aren't really practical from an exogenous source because the body breaks them down insanely quickly. Things like dopamine or adrenaline have a half life of about 60 seconds.

Although I would be curious if oxytocin could be used in a structured way as sort of a Pavlovian love potion :unsure:

I have a bottle of syntocin in the fridge for the alpacas.
Looks like they're trying it with painkillers for us EDS .
I'll report back if I get around to trying it.

You can even stimulate the release of Oxytocin when you're petting a dog or cat etc, presuming you love them that is.

It's the love hormone, as that name suggests it gets released when you love someone or something, be it a person, dog, or cat, or anything I guess.

I didn't know you could buy it though. Not sure if it would work. As The Beatles sang all those years ago "I don't care too much for money. Money can't buy me love."

Let us know if it works.

Last edited:
What a load of bollocks. Money can buy me lots of things I love, fast cars, motorcycles, women with dubious morals, Persian rugs and much much more.

Consumerism and the 'love' of and desire for possessions of one form or another, is not the same as loving a person or a pet. You won't get any release of oxytocin from the former.

It goes beyond love. Really any social interaction is mediated by oxytocin. That feeling after seeing some friends you haven’t seen in a really long time, giving someone a gift..

Then there is the not so great social interactions. Cops and soldiers look at each other as brothers because oxytocin flows heavy in highly stressful situations as a means to bring together the “tribe” to survive whatever is happening.

All this said, this is also why research has found oxytocin actually makes us less open to faces of other ethnicities and backgrounds. It’s because it’s designed to solidify close groups, and in an effort to protect those close to us become wary of those unlike us.

Then there’s the rabbit hole of oxytocin and mother/baby bonding…

-GC

I dunno - I'm so anti-social that when I've had to talk to someone I'm usually walking away thinking "Thank fuck that's over and I'm on my own now" - that must be when my oxytocin kicks in! :)

I dunno - I'm so anti-social that when I've had to talk to someone I'm usually walking away thinking "Thank fuck that's over and I'm on my own now" - that must be when my oxytocin kicks in! :)

What’s your relationship like with your mom? Seriously.

-GC

About 12 years ago I bought two different Oxytocin sprays, which were billed as pheromones. At that time I belonged to a large social group, which met at the same bar once a week. I have not noticed any effect on other members. I think it was pretty much the first of many RCs that I bought and then threw down the trash chute.

About 12 years ago I bought two different Oxytocin sprays, which were billed as pheromones. At that time I belonged to a large social group, which met at the same bar once a week. I have not noticed any effect on other members. I think it was pretty much the first of many RCs that I bought and then threw down the trash chute.

So ypu spray on the tongue and wait to feel lovey-dovey?