• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Other Anyone still skateboard?

MuertaMan

Ex-Bluelighter
I'll be 38 soon and despite chronic pain problems I still try to get out and skate a couple days a week, its probably the best natural high there is IMO, it definitely has helped in times where I was trying to clean up my act and get clean. Im not great or anything but I can still kickflip and pop shuv its and front side 180s, always wanted to be able to 360 flip but that trick just feels so hard hoping to one day get it. I wanna start practicing frontside flips too, that trick look like it feels amazing to land. Landing a nice clean trick is a nice surge of dopamine and you just want to keep doing it over and over. Only bummer is having to do it alone since everyone I used to know who skated gave it up long ago but its still fun as hell.

i haven't skate boarded since like 2009. i got a hit by a car (not skating) and it messed up my back. skateboarding didn't really seem like a good idea to me since then. my body is just too weak.

i used to love skating though. i was never much of a trick guy. i used to just like to ride ramps and cruise down hills in my town... i love the noise of the trucks grinding on the coping of a quarter pipe. i'd usually loose speed pretty quickly trying to ride half pipes or bowls. i skated for like ten years total and could just never get the hang of it. a few times around the bowl or up and down the half pipe and i would loose all my speed. was kind of embarrassing being an adult and being shown up by ten year olds. lol. but it was still fun... i'd usually stick to the smaller skate parks.

i love skate videos of 90's street skating so much more than watching videos of indoor parks with ramps and stuff... there's something totally bad ass about street skaters cruising through the streets, grinding on everything, and dodging cars. if anybody is bored i recommend you tube searching "toy machine full movie" and "shorties skateboards full movie" maybe just "skateboarding full movie" but toy machine and shorties have some classic 90's footage with great soundtracks. it's cool to see all older cars and stuff, even though that really wasn't that long ago... i can see skate videos being like a time capsule for music and architecture and old cars, i think people will definitely want to be watching that stuff in 100 years if things start looking a lot different.

haha dude I know what you mean about the 10 year olds, I avoid the skateparks and just fuck around bombing hills and shit. Feels so good to pop a nice fat ollie going down a nice hill. If you like watching check out any part by "Milton Martinez" fucking guy is nuts,death defying tricks at top speed its incredible. Skated all day today gonna feel it bad tomorrow but had a lot of fun.

I've been thinking about getting back into it for awhile. Element had some complete set ups for cheap but I skipped it for some reason.
I have a signed poster by Rodney Mullen that's my most prized possession.