• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone remember Quaaludes?

Caliban

Greenlighter
Quaaludes were withdrawn from the Market before I was born, so I never got to try it.
Does anyone remember what it's like?

Was it actually better than even short-acting barbiturates (like Seconal, Nembutal, Amytal, Tuinal), or barbiturate-like like: Placidyl, chloral hydrate and Doriden).
I washable to try Placidyl, Seconal and chloral hydrate/

How different were Quaaludes?

Are Quaaludes available in other countries? (I've heard of Mandrax in South Africa but not much about it).

Quaaludes were popular in US from early 70's to mid 80's, when they pulled them off the market. They were similar to barb's like the ones you mentioned, but Quaaludes were unique in several ways. While both types gave you an initial feeling of euphoria. You could fight the urge to sleep on Quaaludes, while the Barb's would usually put you out after pretty short amount of time. I have tried many drugs legal and illegal. And, while now the only drugs I take are for pain and or sleep, all legal and with prescription. I would never do any "street" drug, but of all the drugs I did Quaaludes were by far the best ever. They made you tingle, feel euphoric, and overall made you feel great! You could also stay up for many hours if you wanted, or go to sleep if you wanted. And, the best part was the sex. You could have sex for hours. You may not remember much of it, but who cares? And, if the girl you were with took one, you were about guaranteed to get laid. They just took away all inhibitions on both sides. I'm an OK looking guy, but when a woman took a lude or two, it made me look like Tom Cruise to them! LOL Because I had pretty endless supply, I had women coming to me, and offering themselves, if I would only sell them some. We called it the "Legspreader" drug, and it never failed, unless they took too many and fell asleep first. I am just surprised it never made a comeback. All these designer drugs like Ecstacy, MDM, Crank, and any other has harmful stuff in it. Quaaludes, which were made by several companies and had several names, are missed by many people over 50 like me. I have heard they were available in Canada and Mexico for years after they banned them in America in 1984. But, they are all gone now, except for maybe S. Africa and I think they are all bootlegged, and they smoke it instead of swallow pills like we did. They were also popular in Europe and South America, but usually went by the name of Mandrax. In US, "Quaaludes" were made by Rorer and there were also Orange "Sopors" and a few other makers that made Capsules, too. And, unlike alcohol and other drugs there were no side effects. No hangover, no headache, they weren't even addictive. Well, physically addictive. Maybe people became psychologically addicted if you liked having fun, feeling good,and getting laid! It is the only drug i would do again in a heartbeat. Just don't drive or mix with alcohol. That was the biggest mistakes people made. It was almost too good, they were so valuable, when they came out in early 70's you could get for about 25 cents, around 1983-4 just before they went off the market, they could fetch up to $20 dollars a pill. Just watch the movie "The Wolf of Wall Street" there's a couple of funny, and accurate scenes relating to Quaaludes. I don't think they exist, but if anyone ever finds some in a left over bottle from the 80's, let me know. Or if you find them in another country.

I had a prescription for 714s for about a year in the late 70s... until the White House doctor got in trouble for giving them out like candy! Really..
having been there, done that I do believe that we are better off without ludes. It is probably the only drug that I can say that about. Ludes ABSOLUTELY removed ALL of your inhibitions, ALL of them. You would feel no pain, the best painkiller ever but really. You might take a notion to walk downtown naked and just do it. On quaaludes your weaknesses become your strengths! That is why I can say that ludes are one drug I think we are better off without. Heroin, LSD, PCP... ok if that's your thing but ludes are seductive and dangerous to your life and reputation. You have to think about what you should or shouldn't do and on ludes THAT is a joke!! Also the only time I ran both my car and my truck in the ditch within 300 ft of my driveway... a good thing indeed! IIRC, I also fell into the ditch, luckily my house was in the country and the only house on that dirt road. Lovely shrooms in the pasture behind the house! I'd pick them and wash them down with beers. There's nothing quite like double vision and patterns (OEVs) at the same time but I'd not hesitate to say that combination is much safer than ludes.
Some things are best left buried. If you were to find some there is a good chance you'd do something so stupid that you'd end up with a blood test and being charged with something you do NOT want to be charged with. Really, you're less likely to attract attention on LSD than on ludes.
Just my opinion...
Buzzy

And, unlike alcohol and other drugs there were no side effects. No hangover, no headache,

I'm not aware of any drug other than alcohol that causes hangover/headache, although based on the following report in PiHKAL, it seems like Seconal is capable of inducing headache:

[DOM] (with 2.3 mg) Mood elevation at 2-3 hrs. After 3 hours, emotional effects become more pronounced, enhancement of color also. Very little distortion of perception, no disorientation, no creeping or flowing, but color enhancement considerable. The emotional content and empathy for others was closer to mescaline than to amphetamine, a welcome change. No suggestion of nausea at any time. Unable to sleep at ten hours, so I took 3/4 grain Seconal. Headache and listlessness next morning, probably due to the Seconal.

https://erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal068.shtml

Ludes ABSOLUTELY removed ALL of your inhibitions, ALL of them. You would feel no pain, the best painkiller ever but really. You might take a notion to walk downtown naked and just do it. On quaaludes your weaknesses become your strengths! That is why I can say that ludes are one drug I think we are better off without. Heroin, LSD, PCP... ok if that's your thing but ludes are seductive and dangerous to your life and reputation.

Opiates do that to me.. Opiates also happen to be very good painkillers for me...