View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone on the autism spectrum?

rawfulcopter

Greenlighter
Anyone on the autism spectrum, have research about autism and drugs?

I have aspergers. Does anyone else on the spectrum feel that it takes far more of a psychedelic to have the same effect a normal person would describe? Substance agnostic, on heavy doses - it feels like a common or threshold dose to me. I'd be very interested if there are any papers on this, or if there is a definite difference with serotonin receptors in those on the spectrum. It is difficult for me to have deep introspective trips. Only DMT has been able to achieve this and that was 80mg+. Other relevant autism related info: MAPS paper on treating social anxiety in autistic adults with MDMA

Last edited:
No and there was another thread recently basically asking the same but based on the experiences of someone's friend who's on the spectrum and who is an apparent hardhead. The replies generally said that no there is not necessarily an association between the two, which is not to say that the prevalence of hardheads might not be higher among those on the spectrum.

But people on the spectrum may develop in pretty different ways and not all have the same emotional dynamics.