• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Anyone know anything about bromantane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the wiki page states that it's not a reuptake inhibitor of serotonin, but the second quote states that bromantane increased the levels of serotonin in one part of the brain, while decreasing the levels in another region.
Drugs can change serotonin levels in different ways, not only by inhibiting the re-uptake

I'd say taper the SSRI, if you are able to and try the bromantane a week after stopping the SSRI, just to be safe

Should I move the thread to Neurosience and Pharmacology discussion ?

Well if you move it over there I'll probably be really confused about what they are saying cause I don't understand technical scientific drug discussion lol.

I think it's a VERY bad idea to try to stop or taper off of my SSRI.

I don't want to mess with it and trying to remove it from my body.

I mean I'd skip a single day but I don't want to find out what would happen if I stopped.

I don't know what to do because the Bromantane arrived in the mail today and I'm VERY curious about it.

Who on this forum do you think would have a better perspective or my more knowledge than yourself about how safe it might be to take this stuff while on Lexapro??

I just want to hear from the most informed mods and posters on this site regarding this so I can try to make a more informed decision.

I know no one knows much about this drug, but a Russian poster on Reddit said that it is considered safe for use in Russia and that he's used it and thinks it's safe, and that's probably the most informed opinion I've gotten so far.

Well, the wiki page states that it's not a reuptake inhibitor of serotonin, but the second quote states that bromantane increased the levels of serotonin in one part of the brain, while decreasing the levels in another region.
Drugs can change serotonin levels in different ways, not only by inhibiting the re-uptake

I'd say taper the SSRI, if you are able to and try the bromantane a week after stopping the SSRI, just to be safe

Should I move the thread to Neurosience and Pharmacology discussion ?

Actually, do you think I might be able to get a better response on whether or not it's safe to combine Bromintane with Lexapro if you move the thread to the Neuroscience and Pharmacology discussion??

Cause if you DO think I'll get a more accurate answer from the discussions they have there then yes, please do move it, or if possible you could make a duplicate of it and move that one there so this one can still be here....either way, yeah, if you think I'll get a better answer there you can move it.

Otherwise there's no point because I'm sure the things they will explain down there I won't understand as I have no understanding of pharmacology or neuroscience.

Meanwhile, this stuff has already arrived in the mail and is just sitting on my desk.'s

It's funny how a potentially powerful drug can look so benign or unobtrusive.

They are just these tiny little white pills that look like they could be anything...but than again pills don't really usually look all that different from eachother.

The package is in Russian too so I can't read anything it says.

I don't feel quite safe enough just popping one yet, and I guess now that I have it I'd assume that they could stay good for a very long time in an unopened package, but it seems too bad to have such an interesting drug in my possession go unused.

Then again it would be a lot MORE than just "seeming sad" if I took it and had a bad reaction.

So yes, if you think I'll get better answers to the safety of this combo then please move it down to Neuroscience and Pharmacology.

mycophile you are creating a big fuzz about this. its one of those "homopathic" medicines that dont really do much or you just imagine they do a lot but its all placebo affect that somehow has been working long enough for them to keep releasing this stuff. how about just start popping em fuckers and send us replies on progress, which i assure you, will be placebo!

mycophile you are creating a big fuzz about this. its one of those "homopathic" medicines that dont really do much or you just imagine they do a lot but its all placebo affect that somehow has been working long enough for them to keep releasing this stuff. how about just start popping em fuckers and send us replies on progress, which i assure you, will be placebo!

Where do you get the idea that you are SO positive this stuff is placebo??

On Reddit a number of users have gotten good effects from this stuff, including a Russian user.

It was considered a strong enough PED to have been banned from use in the 1996 Russian Olympics so the officials there must have had good reason to believe it was m ore than just placebo.

Please tell me, what are you credentials for being able to definitely say without a doubt that this stuff creates nothing more than a placebo effect??

What inside knowledge do you have about this compound to be able to say so so definitively??

No offense, but I really don't think you know anything more about it than the rest of them, in fact, you probably know less about it than some people on bluelight who have used it.

I also don't see what it has to do with "homeopathy".

PLEASE people, I made this thread for SERIOUS replies for people who can try to verify if this stuff will be safe to combine with my Lexapro (SSRI)!!!

Ascein, the moderator Kleinerkeiffer already seems to disagree with you as he's advised me to avoid taking it on my SSRI.

And personally, I think it is TERRIBLE Harm Reduction for you to tell me to pop all the pills without knowing ANYTHING about what is in them!!

So, who on this forum is willing to take this SERIOUSLY and tell me if they think it is safe to combine with my Lexapro!!

The same boilerplate answer applies here as it does to almost every other drug interaction question you post: there are no obvious negative interactions. The safest option, of course, is to not take drugs or supplements that you are not prescribed. Objectively, taking a Russian pharmaceutical that lacks documentation on its effects is going to be a bit of a crap shoot at best.

Why do you feel the need to take all these investigational / lesser-used drugs, anyway? None of these are miracle performance enhancers, any benefit is going to be moderate at best.

Also, just because compounds are banned by WADA/the Olympics does not mean that they are of any practical use. There are plenty of compounds on the banned doping substances list that are e.g. decongestants or diuretics, and not neccesarily performance enhancers.

The same boilerplate answer applies here as it does to almost every other drug interaction question you post: there are no obvious negative interactions. The safest option, of course, is to not take drugs or supplements that you are not prescribed. Objectively, taking a Russian pharmaceutical that lacks documentation on its effects is going to be a bit of a crap shoot at best.

Why do you feel the need to take all these investigational / lesser-used drugs, anyway? None of these are miracle performance enhancers, any benefit is going to be moderate at best.

Also, just because compounds are banned by WADA/the Olympics does not mean that they are of any practical use. There are plenty of compounds on the banned doping substances list that are e.g. decongestants or diuretics, and not neccesarily performance enhancers.

Thanks for the thought out answer.

First of all, from what I posted before there DOES seem to be some documentation on Bromantane from Russia..

I guess "There are no known contraindications" is the best answer and I can take the risk if I want to or not if don't.

As for "why I feel the need to take all these investigational less used-drugs" to be honest dude, IMO at least only Bromantane fits that definition....Unless you count Prolintane but even though that is "lesser used" it was supposedly prescribed in the U.S. in 50s and there is a LOT more information on it than on Bromantane.

Mostly lately I've been having fun with just Kratom and Phenibut.

I'm not expecting a miracle effect, but Prolintane was pretty awesome, Not bad or worse than Phenibut, inferior to Kratom but better as a stimulant.

I just get curious about trying slightly lesser known drugs, but then have the problem about whether or not to take them.

You should know me by now. :)

And my guess about Bromantane being banned by the Olympics was the even if it is not necessarily a TRUE PED, if they have taken the time to ban it it must do SOMETHING and not be purely placebo.

I just think that whatever Olympic committee this is they'd rather not be known for spending any time investigating sugar pills.

Last edited:
mycophile unless you star doing this pill and tell us of results, all of us especially including me will still think and say, its a damn sugar pill

mycophile unless you star doing this pill and tell us of results, all of us especially including me will still think and say, its a damn sugar pill

Well fine then you are going to disagree with a mod who knows more than you who thinks it's not a sugar pill.

And you are wrong that it's "all of us" who think that.

As mentioned, Kleinerkeiffer the mod thinks it's not a sugar pill,so do most of the people I've already talked to.

In fact you are the ONLY person who thinks it's a sugar pill.

It was on the Russian's list of banned substances in the olympics!!!!

Do you need me to quote Kleiner Keifer again so you can read what a more knowledgable person thinks about this??:

"I really really doubt that it's just placebo, there are a few studies claiming that it has effects on rats etc. and why would it be on the doping list if it's just placebo. Sounds like bullshit."

Why on earth you'd think something that is actually PRESCRIBED in Russia AND was banned by the Olympics in Russia in 1996 is a sugar pill is beyond me.

You are the ONLY person that thinks that.

There are people all over Reddit who have tried it and says it works.

Whatever, I guess you are just not a very intelligent person.

Last edited:
Do people think that if I skipped my Lexapro and took like literally a FOURTH of a pill that I'd be ok??

I mean then I'd probably be fine right??

And then I could proceed to half a pill, then 3/4ths etc and wouldn't I MOST LIKELY start to not feel well after one of my doses BEFORE I'd actually get a full blown serotonin syndrome if it was actually going to do that??

mycophile stop spamming my inbox with things you say here please. if you dont use this "drug" either dump it or send it to me ill give it a try and report since im kind of skeptical ill personally check but i dont expect much

nobody can say for sure, so either take it or do not and stop dithering.

closed for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.